reset zone in projection settings

Janet Choate-2
Hello GRASS users,
i have reset my locations projection settings - for the purpose of updating the zone from 0 to 11.  however, after running g.setproj to make this change, g.region -p still shows the zone set to 0.  is there another command that i should use, or a series of commands that need to be executed to make this change?
any guidance would be appreciated.
thank you,
Janet

Re: reset zone in projection settings

Paul Kelly
On Tue, 28 May 2013, Janet Choate wrote:

> Hello GRASS users,i have reset my locations projection settings - for the purpose of updating the zone from 0 to 11.  however, after running g.setproj to
> make this change, g.region -p still shows the zone set to 0.  is there another command that i should use, or a series of commands that need to be executed
> to make this change?
> any guidance would be appreciated.

One possibility is that g.setproj has correctly updated your default
region, but you now need to reset your current region to the (new)
default. You can do this by running:
g.region -d

Does that help?

Paul

Re: reset zone in projection settings

NikosAlexandris

Paul Kelly wrote:

> One possibility is that g.setproj has correctly updated your default
> region, but you now need to reset your current region to the (new)
> default. You can do this by running:
> g.region -d

> Does that help?

Janet, Paul, what about

g.proj -c

without specifying a new "location="? Isn't this another option?

Best, Nikos