reflections for the next meeting

Moritz Lennert
Hello all,

As I won't be available for the meeting next Friday (I'll be away from
email from July 20 to Aug 10), here some reflections in preparation:

- It is great to see so many candidates for the board. In my eyes, some
sort of equilibrium between companies, academic world and public
administration would be nice in the board.

- Several different opinions have been voiced concerning the question of
membership of moral persons (i.e. companies, associations,
administrations, etc). I do not have a strong opinion on that, but a
slight tendency towards the solution of a specific, sponsoring,
membership without voting rights.

- We quickly need to decide on the languages for which we want to
provide translation. FR<->NL seems obvious, but what about FR<->EN and
NL<->EN ? This obviously immediately increases the costs (Maelle, at
ISTI were there no students for FR<->EN, either ?)

- The website is almost ready to be launched, IMHO. I would suggest to
launch the calls for contributions and for sponsors immediately after
the meeting on Friday. As I won't be there, can someone take the
responsibility for disseminating the call for sponsors ?

There are probably others points. If I think of them before I leave,
I'll send a second mail.

Moritz

Re: reflections for the next meeting

Johan Van de Wauw
When is the next meeting? Seems I missed the call.

Kind Regards,
Johan

On 17/07/15 11:07, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> When is the next meeting? Seems I missed the call.

It's mentioned in the minutes of the last [1]:

"The next meeting is scheduled for July 24, 14:00, via Skype."

We should probably have announcement via the mailing list as well.

Moritz

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-meeting-20150703

> Kind Regards,
> Johan
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> As I won't be available for the meeting next Friday (I'll be away from email
>> from July 20 to Aug 10), here some reflections in preparation:
>>
>> - It is great to see so many candidates for the board. In my eyes, some sort
>> of equilibrium between companies, academic world and public administration
>> would be nice in the board.
>>
>> - Several different opinions have been voiced concerning the question of
>> membership of moral persons (i.e. companies, associations, administrations,
>> etc). I do not have a strong opinion on that, but a slight tendency towards
>> the solution of a specific, sponsoring, membership without voting rights.
>>
>> - We quickly need to decide on the languages for which we want to provide
>> translation. FR<->NL seems obvious, but what about FR<->EN and NL<->EN ?
>> This obviously immediately increases the costs (Maelle, at ISTI were there
>> no students for FR<->EN, either ?)
>>
>> - The website is almost ready to be launched, IMHO. I would suggest to
>> launch the calls for contributions and for sponsors immediately after the
>> meeting on Friday. As I won't be there, can someone take the responsibility
>> for disseminating the call for sponsors ?
>>
>> There are probably others points. If I think of them before I leave, I'll
>> send a second mail.
>>
>> Moritz

Re: reflections for the next meeting

Maelle Vercauteren
The next meeting is scheduled for July 24, 14:00, via Skype.
See you soon,
Maë//e

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As I won't be available for the meeting next Friday (I'll be away from email
> from July 20 to Aug 10), here some reflections in preparation:
>
> - It is great to see so many candidates for the board. In my eyes, some sort
> of equilibrium between companies, academic world and public administration
> would be nice in the board.
>
> - Several different opinions have been voiced concerning the question of
> membership of moral persons (i.e. companies, associations, administrations,
> etc). I do not have a strong opinion on that, but a slight tendency towards
> the solution of a specific, sponsoring, membership without voting rights.
>
> - We quickly need to decide on the languages for which we want to provide
> translation. FR<->NL seems obvious, but what about FR<->EN and NL<->EN ?
> This obviously immediately increases the costs (Maelle, at ISTI were there
> no students for FR<->EN, either ?)
>
> - The website is almost ready to be launched, IMHO. I would suggest to
> launch the calls for contributions and for sponsors immediately after the
> meeting on Friday. As I won't be there, can someone take the responsibility
> for disseminating the call for sponsors ?
>
> There are probably others points. If I think of them before I leave, I'll
> send a second mail.
>
> Moritz

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143