redirection of tiles

Christoph Lingg
Hello everybody,

we are rendering our customized mapnik map with tilecache. For performance reasons we are only able to provide a subset of the worlds tiles. Nevertheless we want to provide tiles for the whole world and are thinking to fall back to the osm tiles for this unrendered regions.

Thats why we want to change the code of tilecache to redirect calls to openstreetmaps tile server. I would like to make this redirection depending on the bounding box and the resolution. As the tilecache code is very new for me I would like to ask you for some hints where and how it is the best way to adjust the code.

Thank you very much!
Christoph