re: google mapintegration with mapguide

girish kumar bv
Hi all,

i am able to bring google map as a base layer into  mapguide using fusion, map is showing up in the legend list but it is not appearing on google maps or overview map, however google map is zooming to the required area of interest. Can anyone tell me the solution for this. Any help is appreciated

regards,
girish

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

GordonL
Were you ever able to solve this one?

I can put the google maps over my map using the Spherical Mercator projection, but my Overview map in FUSION does not appear.  I think the custom coordinate system is causing the overview map to hang?

I have set my overview map to the same map (spherical Mercator) and tried some other maps (LL and UTM) but the overview map will not appear if I use the custom coordinate system in my main map.

oh, here is the spherical Mercator:
PROJCS["Popular Visualisation CRS / Mercator", GEOGCS["Popular Visualisation CRS", DATUM["Popular Visualisation Datum", SPHEROID["Popular Visualisation Sphere", 6378137, 0, AUTHORITY["EPSG",7059]], TOWGS84[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0], AUTHORITY["EPSG",6055]], PRIMEM["Greenwich", 0, AUTHORITY["EPSG", "8901"]], UNIT["degree", 0.0174532925199433, AUTHORITY["EPSG", "9102"]], AXIS["E", EAST], AXIS["N", NORTH], AUTHORITY["EPSG",4055]], PROJECTION["Mercator"], PARAMETER["False_Easting", 0], PARAMETER["False_Northing", 0], PARAMETER["Central_Meridian", 0], PARAMETER["Latitude_of_origin", 0], UNIT["metre", 1, AUTHORITY["EPSG", "9001"]], AXIS["East", EAST], AXIS["North", NORTH], AUTHORITY["EPSG",3785]]

regards
gordon

girish kumar bv wrote
Hi all,i am able to bring google map as a base layer into  mapguide using fusion, map is showing up in the legend list but it is not appearing on google maps or overview map, however google map is zooming to the required area of interest. Can anyone tell me the solution for this. Any help is appreciatedregards,girish

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Jose Cerrejon
I have the same issue now. Maybe is a bug in fussion.

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Kori Maleski
To work around the Overview map projection issue do the following:
On line 110 of OverviewMap.js, add the following 2 lines:

        this.mapObject.projection = this.getMap().oMapOL.getProjection()
        this.mapObject.oLayerOL.projection = this.getMap().oMapOL.getProjection()

This will alllow the overview to support whatever projection your main map is in.

The overview map is only a single layer - the MapGuide layers being the single layer.  It doesn't allow a MapGuide and Google layer at the same time without some coding (someone correct me if I am off base).  I fiddled with the code and got the Google layer in, but haven't got it working quite properly.  Need more spare time.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Jose Cerrejon <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have the same issue now. Maybe is a bug in fussion.

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Mark Pendergraft
I filed a ticket in the fusion trac for this and it was closed because the latest trunk version could not reproduce it.  I haven't had time to test it myself, but you might try downloading the latest version and see if that fixes your problem.

-Mark P.

Sweet fix Kori.  Works for MapGuide Enterprise 2010.

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Kori Maleski
Thanks Gordon,

Mark, I am stuck on a specific version of the trunk at the moment so I can't upgrade yet - so I am stuck with the workaround for a bit.

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM, GordonL <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sweet fix Kori.  Works for MapGuide Enterprise 2010.

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Jose Cerrejon
I've tried the fix, but with the last SVN, doesn't works (03/31/2010). This is the code in the line 110:

110 var options = {
111          div: this.domObj,
112          size: this.oSize,
113          minRatio: this.nMinRatio,
114          maxRatio: this.nMaxRatio,
115          mapOptions: this.oMapOptions,
116          layers: [layer]
117        };

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Kori Maleski
Insert the code fix right above the "var options = {" in the loadOverview like so:

loadOverview: function(layer)
{
if (this.control) {
this.control.destroy();
}

var size = $(this.domObj).getContentBoxSize();
this.oSize = new OpenLayers.Size(size.width, size.height);

if (!layer) {
layer = this.getMap().oMapOL.baseLayer.clone();
}
layer.isBaseLayer = true;
layer.ratio = 1.0;
if (layer.singleTile) {
this.oMapOptions.numZoomLevels = 3; //TODO: make this configurable?
}
this.mapObject.projection = this.getMap().oMapOL.getProjection()
this.mapObject.oLayerOL.projection = this.getMap().oMapOL.getProjection()
var options = {
div: this.domObj,
size: this.oSize,
minRatio: this.nMinRatio,
maxRatio: this.nMaxRatio,
mapOptions: this.oMapOptions,
layers: [layer]
};

this.control = new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap(options);
if (size.width == 0 || size.height == 0) {
return; //don't try to load if the container is not visible
} else {
this.getMap().oMapOL.addControl(this.control);
this.bDisplayed = true;
}
//console.log('OverviewMap mapLoaded');
},

Cheers,

Kori Maleski

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Jose Cerrejon <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've tried the fix, but with the last SVN, doesn't works (03/31/2010). This
is the code in the line 110:

110 var options = {
111          div: this.domObj,
112          size: this.oSize,
113          minRatio: this.nMinRatio,
114          maxRatio: this.nMaxRatio,
115          mapOptions: this.oMapOptions,
116          layers: [layer]
117        };

Re: re: google mapintegration with mapguide

Jose Cerrejon
I've tried that, but firebug show me

this.mapObject.oLayer.OL is undefined

on line:

this.mapObject.oLayerOL.projection = this.getMap().oMapOL.getProjection()

Maybe the problem is the definition in ApplicationDefinition.xml.