rHEALPix new parameters

12

Re: rHEALPix new parameters

Frank Warmerdam
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Michael Speth
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>   I've updated the code to use pj_ctx_set_errno.  Thanks!  What is the
> command line flag for displaying the error code/error string?

Michael,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  But the error messages
in pj_strerrno.c are fetched using pj_strerrno().  I see at least
the cs2cs application uses this when reporting errors.

Re: rHEALPix new parameters

Michael Speth
Hello,
   An example best explains my question.

Command line
proj +proj=healpix -f '%.'$PERCISION'f' -I +lon_0=$1 +a=$2 +R_A +ellps=WGS84 -E <<EOF
$3 $4
EOF

Output
==== HEALPix Spheriod Inverse Test ====
[8] 0 0    0.0000    0.0000
[9] 0 0    45.0000    0.0000
[10] 0 0    -45.0000    0.0000
[11] 2 -2    *    *
[12] 2 -2    *    *
[13] 1 2    *    *
[14] 2 1    *    *

So in the output, notice that the last 4 test result in an error (noted by the *).  The output I am looking for is "invalid x or y" for the last 4 test results.  Does this make sense?

Thanks

[hidden email] wrote:
Greetings,
  I've updated the code to use pj_ctx_set_errno.  Thanks!  What is the
command line flag for displaying the error code/error string?
Michael,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  But the error messages
in pj_strerrno.c are fetched using pj_strerrno().  I see at least
the cs2cs application uses this when reporting errors.

Michael Speth
Scientific Programmer
Landcare Research

Re: rHEALPix new parameters

Frank Warmerdam
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Michael Speth
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>    An example best explains my question.
>
> Command line
> proj +proj=healpix -f '%.'$PERCISION'f' -I +lon_0=$1 +a=$2 +R_A +ellps=WGS84
> -E <<EOF
> $3 $4
> EOF
>
> Output
> ==== HEALPix Spheriod Inverse Test ====
> [8] 0 0    0.0000    0.0000
> [9] 0 0    45.0000    0.0000
> [10] 0 0    -45.0000    0.0000
> [11] 2 -2    *    *
> [12] 2 -2    *    *
> [13] 1 2    *    *
> [14] 2 1    *    *
>
> So in the output, notice that the last 4 test result in an error (noted by
> the *).  The output I am looking for is "invalid x or y" for the last 4 test
> results.  Does this make sense?

Michael,

It does not seem to have been typical in the past to issue
errors during point transformation - instead HUGE_VAL was
returned and that was it.  So the "proj" command has no code
to report errors other than by printing "*" after a point transformation.
cs2cs on the other hand does - partly motifivated by my issuing of
errors from the datum shifting code that comes into play in cs2cs
and not in proj.  I would suggest you try with cs2cs.

Re: rHEALPix new parameters

Michael Speth
Hello Frank,
   I am in the process of switching my test scripts to use the cs2cs
instead of proj.  I am having trouble running the inverse tests.

This command works for proj and produces the inverse projection of HEALPix.
proj +proj=healpix -f '%.'$PERCISION'f' -I +lon_0=$1 +a=$2 +R_A
+ellps=WGS84 -E <<EOF
$3 $4
EOF

Can you help me convert this to cs2cs?