r.stream.basins disappeared?

Johannes Radinger
Hi all,

I recognized that the r.stream.* suit was moved from the add-on arena to the main code of GRASS7, but what happened to r.stream.basins. This tool (which I depend on in my own
add-on) is neither available in the main GRASS7 nor as an G7 add on. Has the functionality been merged with another tool? I basically need to delineate the part of a catchment which is upstream a certain pair of coordinates. This could be easily calculated with r.stream.basin by providing the coordinate pair and the flow direction map. The output was a raster map showing the upstream catchment.

Any help is appreciated...

Best regards,
Johannes

Re: r.stream.basins disappeared?

margherita
Hi Johannes,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Johannes Radinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I recognized that the r.stream.* suit was moved from the add-on arena to the main code of GRASS7, but what happened to r.stream.basins. This tool (which I depend on in my own
add-on) is neither available in the main GRASS7 nor as an G7 add on.

AFAIK it is in addons [1]. Have you experienced any problems in fetching it? There is a ticket [2] and a discussion [3] about moving it to trunk or not, but as you can see from the discussion, MMetz has raised some doubts regarding the code, thus at the moment it remains in addons.

HTH,

madi

Has the functionality been merged with another tool? I basically need to delineate the part of a catchment which is upstream a certain pair of coordinates. This could be easily calculated with r.stream.basin by providing the coordinate pair and the flow direction map. The output was a raster map showing the upstream catchment.

Any help is appreciated...

Best regards,
Johannes

[3]

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Margherita Di Leo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johannes,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Johannes Radinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I recognized that the r.stream.* suit was moved from the add-on arena to the main code of GRASS7, but what happened to r.stream.basins. This tool (which I depend on in my own
add-on) is neither available in the main GRASS7 nor as an G7 add on.

AFAIK it is in addons [1]. Have you experienced any problems in fetching it? There is a ticket [2] and a discussion [3] about moving it to trunk or not, but as you can see from the discussion, MMetz has raised some doubts regarding the code, thus at the moment it remains in addons.

Oh thank you, of course it is part of the add-ons. Sorry. I just was confused as all other r.stream modules are already part of the main code. So for the moment I'll install it as add-on. Thank you again!

HTH,

madi

Has the functionality been merged with another tool? I basically need to delineate the part of a catchment which is upstream a certain pair of coordinates. This could be easily calculated with r.stream.basin by providing the coordinate pair and the flow direction map. The output was a raster map showing the upstream catchment.

Any help is appreciated...

Best regards,
Johannes

[3]

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. <a href="tel:%2B39%200332%2078%203600" value="+390332783600" target="_blank">+39 0332 78 3600