r.in.lidar and v.in.lidar missing in new OSGeo4W install (GRASS 7.4.4 and 7.4.3)

r.in.lidar and v.in.lidar missing in new OSGeo4W install (GRASS 7.4.4 and 7.4.3)

jas1000
As the subject says.  I tried downgrading to 7.4.3. but they were missing
there, too.  I also tried the standalone GRASS installer to install a
separate instance and they were missing from there.

I had actually upgraded to see if I could get r.in.pdal but that is missing
as well.

My work computer (whose installs I can't control) has r.in.lidar and
v.in.lidar with and older OSGeo4W install, installing GRASS 7.4.0

Anyone else?  Is there a solution?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html

Re: r.in.lidar and v.in.lidar missing in new OSGeo4W install (GRASS 7.4.4 and 7.4.3)

Helmut Kudrnovsky
jas1000 wrote

> As the subject says.  I tried downgrading to 7.4.3. but they were missing
> there, too.  I also tried the standalone GRASS installer to install a
> separate instance and they were missing from there.
>
> I had actually upgraded to see if I could get r.in.pdal but that is
> missing
> as well.
>
> My work computer (whose installs I can't control) has r.in.lidar and
> v.in.lidar with and older OSGeo4W install, installing GRASS 7.4.0
>
> Anyone else?  Is there a solution?

32bit or 64bit?

see the source code for the releasebranch_7_4:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_4/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh#L156

156        if [ "$MINGW_POSTFIX" = "64" ]; then
157            conf_host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
158            # https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/550
159
conf_opts="--with-liblas=$PWD/mswindows/osgeo4w/liblas-config"
160        else
161            conf_host=i386-w64-mingw32
162            # https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/539
163            #  LAS support hopefully only temporarily disabled on 32bit
164            conf_opts=
165        fi

and the related tickets mentioned above.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html
best regards
Helmut

Re: r.in.lidar and v.in.lidar missing in new OSGeo4W install (GRASS 7.4.4 and 7.4.3)

jas1000

> 32bit or 64bit?

32 bit.  I originally did my reinstall in 64 bit but the GRASS plugin didn't
show up in QGIS. (yes, that's another issue I have run into lately, but I
prefer to run GRASS in its own environment anyway).  It did in my previous
OSgeo4W install (installing QGIS 2.18 I believe) which was a 32 bit, so I
deleted everything and reinstalled the 32 bit (GRASS plugin still missing,
BTW).

> see the source code for the releasebranch_7_4:

Well, what's interesting is these tools exist in my work computer's OSgeo,
which has GRASS 7.4.0 and QGIS 3.0.2.  On that computer, I can run commands
such as lasinfo, but when I run them on my personal computer, I get "the
program can't start because ogdi_32b1.dll is missing".

So I guess there is still a bug somewhere, and my work computer has a
release older than the bug.

My Linux box is on the fritz, but I will have to get that up and running
again and try it there.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html