r.forestfrag AddOn

Stefan Sylla
This post was updated on .
Dear all,

I used the existing forest-fraction shell-script from manning (http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GRASSLIST-270-Fwd-Developing-a-forest-fragmentation-index-td3946212.html#a4366751), reviewed/updated it a little bit and made some changes on the code, particularly the calculation of pff and the indexing.

The script is based on the method from Riitters et al. (s. http://www.consecol.org/vol4/iss2/art3).

I already posted the script on the GRASS-AddOns page:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#r.forestfrag

However, the link to the script is temporary and I would like to put the shell-script and html-description somewhere. So far, I could not find out where to put it. Should it be here: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster ? How would I generate a new folder there?

By now, the script can only calculate the forest fraction for a 3x3 window. Any ideas on how to automatically generate different window-sizes would be welcome.

Stefan

Re: r.forestfrag AddOn

Markus Neteler
Hi Stefan,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Stefan Sylla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I used the existing forest-fraction shell-script from manning
> (http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GRASSLIST-270-Fwd-Developing-a-forest-fragmentation-index-td3946212.html#a4366751),
> reviewed/updated it a little bit and made some changes on the code,
> particularly the calculation of pff and the indexing.
>
> The script is based on the method from Riitters et al. (s.
> http://www.consecol.org/vol4/iss2/art3).
>
> I already posted the script on the GRASS-AddOns page:
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass-wiki/index.php?title=GRASS_AddOns&action=submit#r.forestfrag
>
> However, the link to the script is temporary and I would like to put the
> shell-script and html-description somewhere. So far, I could not find out
> where to put it. Should it be here:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster ? How would I
> generate a new folder there?

You need to request for SVN write access for Addons, see the top
entry here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Addons

Best,
Markus

> By now, the script can only calculate the forest fraction for a 3x3 window.
> Any ideas on how to automatically generate different window-sizes would be
> welcome.
>
> Stefan

Re: r.forestfrag AddOn

maning sambale
Dear Stefan,

If i remember it right, the window size is an input to the r.neighbors command.
In the script there is an option to slect a windows size:

#%option
#% key: window
#% type: integer
#% answer : 5
#% required : yes
#%END

You can modify the r.neighbors section like this:

r.neighbors input=A output=C method=sum size=$GIS_OPT_window --o
r.neighbors input=B output=D method=sum size= $GIS_OPT_window --o

--
cheers,
maning