r.contour contour wrap

Heidi Ochis-2
Using a USGS 10 meter NED elevation model, r.contour in versions 5, 64
and 72 create contours that trace back on themselves anytime the contour
exits the grid.  Islands are the only lines that do not create a line
with duplicate points.

How do I resolve this?

Thank you,

Heidi Ochis

--
Computer Terrain Mapping, Inc
420 21st Ave, Suite 114

Re: r.contour contour wrap

Markus Metz-3

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Heidi Ochis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using a USGS 10 meter NED elevation model, r.contour in versions 5, 64 and 72 create contours that trace back on themselves anytime the contour exits the grid.  Islands are the only lines that do not create a line with duplicate points.

I can not reproduce these duplicate points with GRASS 72 and elev_state_500m of the North Carolina sample dataset. Can you provide an example with the exact dataset and the GRASS commands you used? This would help to reproduce and fix the problem.

Markus M

> How do I resolve this?
>

> Thank you,
>

> Heidi Ochis
>
> --
> Computer Terrain Mapping, Inc
> 420 21st Ave, Suite 114
> Longmont, CO 80501
> 303-444-1670

Re: r.contour contour wrap

Markus Metz-3

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 9:57 PM, Markus Metz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Heidi Ochis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Using a USGS 10 meter NED elevation model, r.contour in versions 5, 64 and 72 create contours that trace back on themselves anytime the contour exits the grid.  Islands are the only lines that do not create a line with duplicate points.
>
> I can not reproduce these duplicate points with GRASS 72 and elev_state_500m of the North Carolina sample dataset. Can you provide an example with the exact dataset and the GRASS commands you used? This would help to reproduce and fix the problem.

Thanks for providing test data! There was indeed a bug in r.contour, fixed in trunk r72668. Is it OK to backport the bugix to GRASS 7.4 and 7.2?

Markus M

> Markus M
> >

> > How do I resolve this?
> >

> > Thank you,
> >

> > Heidi Ochis
> >
> > --
> > Computer Terrain Mapping, Inc
> > 420 21st Ave, Suite 114
> > Longmont, CO 80501
> > 303-444-1670
> > [hidden email]

Re: r.contour contour wrap

Markus Neteler
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 10:17 PM, Markus Metz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 9:57 PM, Markus Metz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Thanks for providing test data! There was indeed a bug in r.contour, fixed
> in trunk r72668. Is it OK to backport the bugix to GRASS 7.4 and 7.2?

... in terms of backport policy definitely yes.

markusN

Re: r.contour contour wrap

Mark Seibel
just FYI.

I am (was?) using 7.6 and had errors with r.contour outputs (linux mint). Output lines would be broken in areas there was good DEM data. The lines had large gaps between some isolines where other software could make clean contour from the DEM.

I downloaded and compiled 7.7 and works great.