qwc2 questions

info-7
Hello  :)

This is a great app! I am very excited I found this. Very clean and
useful. Thank you for your development on this project.

I have some configuration issues with QWC2 & QGIS server. I made a
detailed post on GIS stack exchange. I was hoping you might be able to
assist. I appreciate any help you can provide.

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/296056/qgis-web-client-2-qgis-server-configuration-questions-issues

Regards,
Justin Van Fleet

Re: qwc2 questions

info-7

A mod @ GIS stack exchange put my question on hold. So here is the question:

---------------------------

QUESTION:

Ubuntu 18

* I have problems with QGIS web client 2 features after install & configure w/ QGIS server.

* I must be doing something incorrect with the project html link if I am seeing these issues i detail below, because in the demo all works correctly and the html links do not include wms request.

* I see the html links in the demo themesConfig.json are like this:

    http://qwc2.sourcepole.ch/wms/themes/test

*so no capabilities request or WMS? When i leave out the wms request from the html yarn does not want to reload the theme even after symbolic links for project source, wms xml, & mapserv.fcgi

* I can only get the map to appear when I do the html link like this:

    http://qgis.demo/cgi-bin/projects/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

I assume this is the core of the issues I am seeing. What am I missing?

--------------------------------

ISSUES:

1: when I use print function, I get 500 internal server error after pressing "print" button.

 - test project has a print composer profile setup.

 - something in themesConfig.json or Config.json missing or incorrect possibly

2: when I click on the map the pop up window that would show map feature details in the demo quickly disappears and I am sent to a blank white screen and I must refresh browser to get the map back.

- this feature was working with demo project sources & broke when I added my source

3: When I export RASTER & DXF I get "unable to connect localhost:5000"

 - same in demo & after I added my project source.

 - I see in config.json i need to configure proxy, but details are limited.

4: when I access QWC2 from another system on the network, I am unable to see the test project. The thumbnail and project layers are not showing up.

-------------------------------

DOCS USED:

* Followed steps here for QGIS server install, sections 12.1 & 12.2:
https://docs.qgis.org/2.18/en/docs/training_manual/qgis_server/index.html

* Followed steps here for QGIS web client 2 after 12.2.6 QGIS-server instructions said to use the older QWC version:
https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/blob/master/doc/QWC2_Documentation.md

-----------------------------

RESULTS:

* QGIS install was successful
- can send WMS get capabilities and map requests.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/o7WVR.png

* QWC2 demo install was successful
- all features working with demo project sources (expect export RASTER & DXF, I get "unable to connect localhost:5000")

https://i.stack.imgur.com/k9E1p.png

* I modified the themesConfig.json & the test project (world.qgs) displays in QWC2 locally on server:

http://qgis.demo/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&map=/home/qgis/projects/world.qgs

or

This (w/ symbolic links):

http://qgis.demo/cgi-bin/projects/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

https://i.stack.imgur.com/K7qxo.png

https://i.stack.imgur.com/juOpa.png

---------------------------------

On 9/16/2018 12:20 AM, info wrote:
Hello  :)

This is a great app! I am very excited I found this. Very clean and useful. Thank you for your development on this project.

I have some configuration issues with QWC2 & QGIS server. I made a detailed post on GIS stack exchange. I was hoping you might be able to assist. I appreciate any help you can provide.

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/296056/qgis-web-client-2-qgis-server-configuration-questions-issues

Regards,
Justin Van Fleet

Re: qwc2 questions

Sandro Mani

Hi

Find some replies inline.

On 16.09.2018 16:58, info wrote:

[...]

Add a rewrite URL rule to your webserver config, i.e. for Apache something like:

RewriteRule ^/wms/(.+)$ /qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/path/to/project/basedir/$1.qgs [QSA,PT]

--------------------------------

I've seen this with certain QGIS server versions on Windows, that as soon as the print template contains a Label, it errors out. See https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15440.

 - test project has a print composer profile setup.

 - something in themesConfig.json or Config.json missing or incorrect possibly

2: when I click on the map the pop up window that would show map feature details in the demo quickly disappears and I am sent to a blank white screen and I must refresh browser to get the map back.

Please run the application in development mode (i.e. yarn start), open the browser console (typically F12), and in the javascript console, you should get a traceback. That should give a good indication of where an error occurred.

- this feature was working with demo project sources & broke when I added my source

3: When I export RASTER & DXF I get "unable to connect localhost:5000"

Your config.json contains a proxy service URL, but you aren't running one (at least, not on localhost:5000). Either run a proxy service, or clear the setting in config.json. Consult the documentation on why and when a proxy service is needed.

 - same in demo & after I added my project source.

 - I see in config.json i need to configure proxy, but details are limited.

4: when I access QWC2 from another system on the network, I am unable to see the test project. The thumbnail and project layers are not showing up.

This is a broader problem that the qgis server / assets are not reachable from those other systems. You'll need to double check this, it is not a QWC2 specific issue.