"big" data sets on OSGeo Live

"big" data sets on OSGeo Live – Hi Peter and thanks for bringing this topic here. It would be great to have more data space and perhaps we can save some space if we track wh...
Angelos, Peter, great discussion and I would be more than happy to use a common dataset. At the moment the EOxServer demonstration is using 5M...
Stephan, Alan is handling the OSGeo finalization; but let me point out that there are projects that have hundreds of MB, also of vector data ...
Hi Peter, Stephan, Since we are getting close to RC (just 2 weeks) perhaps we should think of a quick solution for 6.5 and re-think the data ...
Angelos, All, thanks for moving this further which I should have done after the IRC meeting. Anyway, I try to briefly summarize the meeting re...
All, as promised I created a ticket for inclusion of Big Data in 7.0 [1]. Please feel free to add your thoughts. cu Stephan [1] http://...
Peter wrote: > as space is running short on the > ISO we need to reconsider sizings. In > today's OSGel Live chat I was > tasked t...
Hi Hamish, just to respond to this (Alan is working on the issue technically): so it seems my information (ie, this spreadsheet) was outdated...
Peter wrote: > so it seems my information (ie, this spreadsheet) was outdated, > therefore my arguments are pretty moot. I wouldn't say...
Hi all, As per discussion in http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1065 perhaps we should re-think our space situation... Best, Angelos ...
Angelos, such a harmonization certainly will be a good step forward. Note that, as rasdaman is multi-dimensional, we use 1/2/3/4/5D datasets....
No, I guess steve Jobs didn't like it ;-) But seriously, putting the LiveDVD only on a 8Gb stick would seriously diminish its worth for people...
Hi Barend, Probably an uninformed question but what is wrong with 8GB DVDs? Alan ________________________________________ From: live-dem...
How common are dual layer DVD players/burners? The might work for production runs from a pro company but be almost impossible for a regular user...
Some rough metrics about OSGeo-Live use – There has been discussion about moving from DVD to 8 Gig USB distribution for OSGeo-Live in order to create space for extra datasets and futur...
I saw this asked before, but didn't see an answer. What's the problem with using DL DVD±Rs to up the DVD size constraint? Maybe the writers/di...
Hi all, I am also in favour of any smaller LiveDVD version, that fits on 4GB or less. I am not sure how it is for most of you, but downloa...
Hi Barent, We do not plan to remove DVD support, we just discuss the possibility to grow the mini iso to work on DVD and move the full iso to...
Thanks Angelos, that is a good clarification and a welcome message! Barend On 11-01-13 16:46, "Angelos Tzotsos" <gcpp.kalxas@.....
Another thing that was brought up was the possibility to use 8GB USB drives for FOSS4G, which would mean that the mini iso could go up to 4.4G...
So making the offer official :) - rasdaman can gladly sponsor the price difference between 4 and 8 GB for the 500+ sticks needed for FOSS4G. -P...
Peter, This is a very kind and generous offer. But I don't want to hold you to such an offer until you understand the full cost that moving fr...
On 01/10/2013 11:47 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote: Hi Peter and thanks for bringing this topic here. ...
Hi Micha, I agree that it will soon get really hard to fit everything on the disk. The proposed changes buy us some time for now. Cheers, Angelo...