"There was an error loading the map"

Kori Maleski-2
Hi All,

I am having a problem with a map layer.
I have a polyline shapefile converted to SDF.

When it is added to the map, the DWF viewer throws an error while trying to
load the map.  After clicking "Ok" it will finish loading.  Everything will
work error free from that point on, so it is only during the initial load of
the map.

If I remove the one layer - all is well.

Autodesk DWF Viewer:

"There was an error loading the map

Unrecognized or unexpected sequence in stream"

Anybody else run into this?

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL
403.770.1917

FAX
877.691.9149
 TOL
877.691.9171
www.pat.ca

RE: "There was an error loading the map"

weltonw
Yes, we've seen this problem recently.  The problem occurs if the DWF returned by the server has a lot of resources, and unfortunately there's no good workround for this.  You can reduce the number of resources by having fewer layers and by reducing the number of theme categories for those layers which are themed.

The good news is that the next version of DWF Viewer will have this fixed.  Also, the error itself is harmless (there's no data loss).  It's just annoying...

Walt

[...]

winmail.dat (6K) Download Attachment