quickbird ortho-rectification tutorial

Stefan Sylla
Dear list,

after I put some time into getting through OSSIM for the ortho-rectification of QuickBird Standard imagery, I'd like to post this tutorial here: http://sylla-consult.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/qb_ortho_ossim_2011.pdf

I'd be happy for some remarks.

Stefan

Re: quickbird ortho-rectification tutorial

David Burken
Hey that is very nice Stefan,

Can we put it in our docs?

http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/docs/pdfs/

Just a thought but you might add a link to:

http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/ossimElevationSetup

Take care,
Dave

On 10/16/2011 10:05 AM, Stefan Sylla wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> after I put some time into getting through OSSIM for the ortho-rectification
> of QuickBird Standard imagery, I'd like to post this tutorial here:
> http://sylla-consult.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/qb_ortho_ossim_2011.pdf
>
> I'd be happy for some remarks.
>
> Stefan

Re: quickbird ortho-rectification tutorial

Mark Lucas-4
Stefan,
Thanks, I'll look at posting it on the website.

Mark

On Oct 16, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Stefan Sylla wrote:

Dear list,

after I put some time into getting through OSSIM for the ortho-rectification
of QuickBird Standard imagery, I'd like to post this tutorial here:
http://sylla-consult.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/qb_ortho_ossim_2011.pdf

I'd be happy for some remarks.

Stefan

Re: quickbird ortho-rectification tutorial

David Burken
Stefan, all:

Posted on:

http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/tutorials/pdfs/qb_ortho_ossim_2011.pdf

Thank you,
Dave

On 10/16/2011 10:05 AM, Stefan Sylla wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> after I put some time into getting through OSSIM for the ortho-rectification
> of QuickBird Standard imagery, I'd like to post this tutorial here:
> http://sylla-consult.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/qb_ortho_ossim_2011.pdf
>
> I'd be happy for some remarks.
>
> Stefan

Re: quickbird ortho-rectification tutorial

suresh_m5a5@yahoo.co.in
Hello all..
I am working on satellite image registration problem for Resourcesat-2 AWiFS data for last 4 months but could not complete and am very new to this OSSIM.

I have an input tif image(LCC Projection) along with its original RPC(Rational Polynomial Coefficients) file.
I am using reference image in same resolution and projection as that of input image
and using ASTER dem(30m posting).

Using phase correlation method, some gcps are identified (line, pixel, reference_x, reference_y,demValue).

I have the following the doubts:
1. I have to remove the outliers i.e. may be some gcps went wrong during the identification method.
Can i use rejout? if so, what model defination should i give?

2. How to optimize the model using modopt? and what is the RMSE with the new gcps?

3. Ortho rectify the input image using rpc file, inlier gcps and DEM file using ossim-orthoigen

Waiting for your suggestions/help...Thanks in advance.