question - laod coordinates from tables

German Capdehourat
Hi, I'm a new Qgis user.
I wanted to know if it is possible to create a vector layer of points just loading their coordinates from a table (like a spreadsheet from oocalc).

thxs,
German

Re: question - laod coordinates from tables

Yves Jacolin
Le Monday 21 January 2008 17:17:26 German Capdehourat, vous avez écrit :
> Hi, I'm a new Qgis user.
> I wanted to know if it is possible to create a vector layer of points just
>
> thxs,
> German

Hi,

Yes you can using a CSV export file from OOo-calc with the "text delimiter"
plugins in QGIS.

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin
---

Re: question - laod coordinates from tables

John C. Tull
German,

See the delimited text plugin. Consider tab or comma-separated text formats as it will not parse spreadsheet formats.

John

On Jan 21, 2008, at 8:17 AM, German Capdehourat wrote:

Hi, I'm a new Qgis user.
I wanted to know if it is possible to create a vector layer of points just loading their coordinates from a table (like a spreadsheet from oocalc).

thxs,
German

Re: question - laod coordinates from tables

Gary Sherman-2
On Jan 21, 2008, at 7:17 AM, German Capdehourat wrote:

> Hi, I'm a new Qgis user.
> I wanted to know if it is possible to create a vector layer of
> points just loading their coordinates from a table (like a
> spreadsheet from oocalc).

You can export from the spreadsheet to delimited text and then use the
delimited text plugin to import to QGIS, then save as a shapefile.

-gary
Gary Sherman
Chair, QGIS Project Steering Committee
-Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com