question about harvesting

Hervé TRON-2
Hello

We would like to harvest two websites
The WHO website.
Could you give us the information about the host and the port to use ?

We also would like to harvest the FAO website.
We've got 113 results directly from the website http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/xml.search?any=africa+water&siteId=fao
But when we try to harvest, nothing happens.
Is the harvest above right ?

Thank you for your help

Hervé TRON
Office International de l'Eau
BP 75 - Place Sophie Laffitte
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
Tel LD : 04 92 94 58 13
Tel :  04 92 94 58 00
Fax : 04 93 65 44 02

<schedule name="geonetwork sync" class=".schedules.MetadataSync" when="10 min">
    <param name="sites">
  <site name="geonetwork">
 <general>
  <host>tecproda01.fao.org</host>
  <port>8080</port>
  <language>en</language>
  <username></username>
  <password></password>
 </general>
 <services>
  <login>xml.user.login</login>
  <logout>xml.user.logout</logout>
  <search>xml.search</search>
  <get>xml.metadata.get</get>
 </services>
 <search>
  <any>africa+water</any>
  <siteId>fao</siteId>
 </search>
  <group id="1">
   <privilege>view</privilege>
   <privilege>download</privilege>
   <privilege>dynamic</privilege>
  </group>
</site>
</param>
</schedule>

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et privés.Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and private. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: question about harvesting

Pickering, Jason Paul
Hi Hervé,

We are currently in the process of upgrading Geonetwork to the latest version. I do not think that the version of geonetwork that we are currently using (1.2.1) supports this functionality. We hope to complete the upgrade process within the next week or so.

You can access the current WHO geonetwork at http://www.who.int/geonetwork/

In the mean time, let me know if I can assist you.

Best regards,
Jason Pickering

---
Jason Pickering - Technical Officer

International Health Regulations Coordination
Public Health Mapping and GIS
CDS/EPR/IHR/GIS
World Health Organization
20, Avenue Appia
1211 Geneva 27
Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 791 5403
Fax: +41 22 791 4878
email:[hidden email]

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and private. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: question about harvesting

Hervé TRON-2
Ok,

Thank you for your very quick answer.
Do you know what's wrong on the harvest from the FAO website ?
Could you help me please ?
I think the problem comes from the criterias of research.
I'm more in a hurry about the datas from the FAO.

Thank you

Regards

Hervé TRON
Office International de l'Eau
BP 75 - Place Sophie Laffitte
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
Tel LD : 04 92 94 58 13

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and private. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: question about harvesting

Andrea Carboni-2
Hi Hervé,

the search criteria is wrong indeed. africa+water is URL encoded, so you have to replace
the + with a space in the config file:

<any>africa water</any>

Cheers,
Andrea

> Hello
>
> We would like to harvest two websites
> The WHO website.
> Could you give us the information about the host and the port to use ?
>

> We also would like to harvest the FAO website.
> We've got 113 results directly from the website http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/xml.search?any=africa+water&siteId=fao
> But when we try to harvest, nothing happens.
> Is the harvest above right ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Hervé TRON
> Office International de l'Eau
> BP 75 - Place Sophie Laffitte
> 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
> Tel LD : 04 92 94 58 13
> Tel :  04 92 94 58 00
> Fax : 04 93 65 44 02
>

> <schedule name="geonetwork sync" class=".schedules.MetadataSync" when="10 min">
>     <param name="sites">
>   <site name="geonetwork">
>  <general>
>   <host>tecproda01.fao.org</host>
>   <port>8080</port>
>   <language>en</language>
>   <username></username>
>   <password></password>
>  </general>
>  <services>
>   <login>xml.user.login</login>
>   <logout>xml.user.logout</logout>
>   <search>xml.search</search>
>   <get>xml.metadata.get</get>
>  </services>
>  <search>
>   <any>africa+water</any>
>   <siteId>fao</siteId>
>  </search>
>   <group id="1">
>    <privilege>view</privilege>
>    <privilege>download</privilege>
>    <privilege>dynamic</privilege>
>   </group>
> </site>
> </param>
> </schedule>

Re: question about harvesting

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi Hervé,
Yes, there's a problem that prevents you from setting up harvesting using www.fao.org as the URL. Use tecproda01.fao.org instead with port 8080 and the problem should be solved.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Ciao,
Jeroen

On Nov 30, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Hervé TRON wrote:

Ok,

Thank you for your very quick answer.
Do you know what's wrong on the harvest from the FAO website ?
Could you help me please ?
I think the problem comes from the criterias of research.
I'm more in a hurry about the datas from the FAO.

Thank you

Regards

Hervé TRON
Office International de l'Eau
BP 75 - Place Sophie Laffitte
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
Tel LD : 04 92 94 58 13

Re: question about harvesting

Hervé TRON-2
Hi Jeroen.

I'm already using tecproda01.fao.org and the port 8080.
I would like to know if it's possible to use more than one criteria of research or not ( I would like this result if possible http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/xml.search?any=africa+water&siteId=fao ).
If yes, could you tell me how I'm suppose to write them ?

Thank you for your help

Hervé TRON

[...]

It seems correct to me. Do you see anything in the log files? Remember that the first attempt will only be done after 10 minutes (that's you schedule). While testing you may want to set it to 2 mins or so and change it after the first successful sync to something longer.
Ciao,
Jeroen