qlr of spatialite database layer not showing when database is on network drive

qlr of spatialite database layer not showing when database is on network drive

Reginald
Hello list,

Exporting a spatialite layer to a qlr file when the layer resides in a
database on a network drive fails every time I try it.
When I copied this database to my C drive in windows the qlr file shows up
as it should.
I have compared the two files and the only difference was the drive letter
(in this case C was F).
I tried different notations to acces the network drive (backward slashes ,
double backward slashes, network acces notation ...) no luck .

Any ideas why this is not working?

Re: qlr of spatialite database layer not showing when database is on network drive

Robert Nuske
Hi Reginald,

SQLite has problems writing on Network File Systems/Samba Shares due to
the poor support for locking. I remember one case where this was
"handled" by writing to a local SQLite file and replace the SQLite file
on the network drive with the local SQLite file after writing finished.

See for instance
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/SQLite
https://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5

cheers
   robert (who run into the same problem)

Am 21.03.19 um 16:01 schrieb Reginald:

> Hello list,
>
> Exporting a spatialite layer to a qlr file when the layer resides in a
> database on a network drive fails every time I try it.
> When I copied this database to my C drive in windows the qlr file shows up
> as it should.
> I have compared the two files and the only difference was the drive letter
> (in this case C was F).
> I tried different notations to acces the network drive (backward slashes ,
> double backward slashes, network acces notation ...) no luck .
>
> Any ideas why this is not working?
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Re: qlr of spatialite database layer not showing when database is on network drive

Reginald
Thanks Robert,

I tried loading a gpkg layer from a qlr file and it succeeds but the styling
is messed up.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t376957/styling_problem_gpkg.png>
Using simple styling it renders ok.

Defining Geographical Coordinate System GRS80

Tudorache, Marian

Hi there,

I have a set of  coordinates which are in a user defined projected coordinates system as bellow. Coordinates are in meters.

+proj=sterea +lat_0=53.5 +lon_0=-76.0 +k=0.9996 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0.0 +a=6378137 +b=6381816.160744 +ellps=GRS80 +units=m +no_defs

The documentation says the data was transformed from Geographical Coordinate System GRS80 in QGIS database with Coordinate Reference Systems and I found one named Unknown datum based upon GRS 1980 ellipsoid with Authority ID EPSG:4019:

+proj=longlat +ellps=GRS80 +no_defs

Is this the GRS 80?

I would like to know if I can relay in CRS with Authority ID EPSG:4019 to transform those projected coordinates back to GRS 80.

Thank you,

Marian

This electronic message, as well as any transmitted files included in the electronic message, may contain privileged or confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the electronic message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the electronic message is strictly forbidden. NAV CANADA accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus and/or other malicious code transmitted by this electronic communication.

Le présent message électronique et tout fichier qui peut y être joint peuvent contenir des renseignements privilégiés ou confidentiels destinés à l’usage exclusif des personnes ou des organismes à qui ils s’adressent. Si vous avez reçu ce message électronique par erreur, veuillez en informer l’expéditeur immédiatement et supprimez le. Toute reproduction, divulgation ou distribution du présent message électronique est strictement interdite. NAV CANADA n’assume aucune responsabilité en cas de dommage causé par tout virus ou autre programme malveillant transmis par ce message électronique.