.qgs as default project format

Klaus Mithöfer
Dear all,

I would like to set .qgs as standard project file format instead of .qgz
when saving a new project. There is no way to apply this in qgis
settings (which would be nice). Is it somehow possible to change the
qgis settings in this regard after installation?

Kind regards
Klaus

Re: .qgs as default project format

Nyall Dawson
On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 18:31, Mithoefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to set .qgs as standard project file format instead of .qgz
> when saving a new project. There is no way to apply this in qgis
> settings (which would be nice). Is it somehow possible to change the
> qgis settings in this regard after installation?

It's not currently possible, but other users have also expressed as
desire for this option. Let's see if it's added in a future release!

Nyall