pywps question for osgeo project and community badges

pywps question for osgeo project and community badges

jody.garnett
Good afternoon list:

PyWPS is listed as being an "Incubating Project" on osgeo.org.

For the website redesign we are focused on grouping projects into OSGeo Community and OSGeo Project categories.

We have an open question if an "osgeo incubation" logo is still useful? Does the PyWPS team have any wishes here?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: pywps question for osgeo project and community badges

Tom Kralidis
Hi Jody: thanks for the info. The community badges IMHO are of value in indicating the project's intention to become an OSGeo project (which has its own value proposition). Having said this I may be biased as the project mentor :)

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2017, at 16:53, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good afternoon list:

PyWPS is listed as being an "Incubating Project" on osgeo.org.

For the website redesign we are focused on grouping projects into OSGeo Community and OSGeo Project categories.

We have an open question if an "osgeo incubation" logo is still useful? Does the PyWPS team have any wishes here?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: pywps question for osgeo project and community badges

jody.garnett
The community badges are available "osgeo community" projects, even those that are not in position to work on incubation. Projects like GeoWebCache and pgRouting are also marked "OSGeo Community".

Incubation is more about your project team (and the commitment made to the osgeo community).

Q: Do you have an incubation status page or graduation checklist? I was trying to check if any projects need help.

--
Jody Garnett

On 2 August 2017 at 14:21, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jody: thanks for the info. The community badges IMHO are of value in indicating the project's intention to become an OSGeo project (which has its own value proposition). Having said this I may be biased as the project mentor :)

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2017, at 16:53, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good afternoon list:

PyWPS is listed as being an "Incubating Project" on osgeo.org.

For the website redesign we are focused on grouping projects into OSGeo Community and OSGeo Project categories.

We have an open question if an "osgeo incubation" logo is still useful? Does the PyWPS team have any wishes here?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: pywps question for osgeo project and community badges

Jachym Cepicky
Hi Jody, PyWPSers,

we might make on the code sprint, but I doubt, we can make it till AGM :-) I'm on vacation next week, I doubt, we can do it during the conference

:-(

But, we are almost there!

For the badge: As discussed in Paris, I would be fine to be categorized among the Community project (maybe with text note, "in incubation")