pycsw harvesting of sos 2.0

José Alexandre Teixeira

Greetings,

I have successfully tested the pycsw to harvest an endpoint running the SOS 2.0.0. However I would like to know a bit more of what is happening underneath in terms of the requests performed by the pycsw.

This is due to the fact that I want to implement my own service that produces a getCapabilities much similar to SOS 2.0.0.

What should I take into consideration?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

-Alexandre

Re: pycsw harvesting of sos 2.0

Tom Kralidis
On Thu, 10 May 2018, José Alexandre Teixeira wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 14:50:23 +0000
> From: José Alexandre Teixeira <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [pycsw-devel] pycsw harvesting of sos 2.0
>
> Greetings,
>

> I have successfully tested the pycsw to harvest an endpoint running the SOS 2.0.0. However I would like to know a bit more of what is happening underneath in terms of the requests performed by the pycsw.

When pycsw receives a csw:Harvest request to harvest an OGC:SOS 2.0.0 instance, pycsw will:

- create one metadata record for the service instance (from the SOS *service* metadata)
- create one metadata record foreach ObservatingOffering

The functionality can be found in pycsw.core.metadata._parse_sos [1] and uses OWSLib
behind the scenes for the parsing.

Hope this helps.

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/pycsw/core/metadata.py#L904

> This is due to the fact that I want to implement my own service that produces a getCapabilities much similar to SOS 2.0.0.
>

> What should I take into consideration?

Re: pycsw harvesting of sos 2.0

José Alexandre Teixeira
It was what I needed. Thanks for the help.

Best,
-Alexandre