pycsw 3.x roadmap/dev Athens meeting

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

During the latest developers meeting on Gitter [1], we came up with the
idea to arrange a developers meeting this summer in order to do a
roadmap and start working on the next version of pycsw.
The timing is perfect since:
1. OGC is starting work on CSW 4.0
2. GeoNode is doing a roadmap for version 3.x
3. WFS 3.0 and pygeoapi develoment are happening already, which might be
very relevant with the new OGC specs.

I volunteered to host this meeting in Athens, and I think the best time
for this would be mid-July (9-11).
I would like to know if others would be interested to attend such a
meeting, so I can arrange the logistics and make a final decision.

Best,
Angelos

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2018-04-23

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Re: pycsw 3.x roadmap/dev Athens meeting

Tom Kralidis
+1 I would be interested in attending.

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 3, 2018, at 04:24, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> During the latest developers meeting on Gitter [1], we came up with the idea to arrange a developers meeting this summer in order to do a roadmap and start working on the next version of pycsw.
> The timing is perfect since:
> 1. OGC is starting work on CSW 4.0
> 2. GeoNode is doing a roadmap for version 3.x
> 3. WFS 3.0 and pygeoapi develoment are happening already, which might be very relevant with the new OGC specs.
>
> I volunteered to host this meeting in Athens, and I think the best time for this would be mid-July (9-11).
> I would like to know if others would be interested to attend such a meeting, so I can arrange the logistics and make a final decision.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>

> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2018-04-23
>
> --
> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: pycsw 3.x roadmap/dev Athens meeting

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

This is a reminder to send us your interest in participating to the roadmap meeting.
I am going to start looking at potential budget sources.

Best,
Angelos

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 I would be interested in attending.

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 3, 2018, at 04:24, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> During the latest developers meeting on Gitter [1], we came up with the idea to arrange a developers meeting this summer in order to do a roadmap and start working on the next version of pycsw.
> The timing is perfect since:
> 1. OGC is starting work on CSW 4.0
> 2. GeoNode is doing a roadmap for version 3.x
> 3. WFS 3.0 and pygeoapi develoment are happening already, which might be very relevant with the new OGC specs.
>
> I volunteered to host this meeting in Athens, and I think the best time for this would be mid-July (9-11).
> I would like to know if others would be interested to attend such a meeting, so I can arrange the logistics and make a final decision.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>

> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2018-04-23
>
> --
> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: pycsw 3.x roadmap/dev Athens meeting

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

Looks like we have a final list of participants for this meeting.
Given that we have not spent any of our OSGeo budget this year, I think we should use around half of it for this meeting and half for sending someone to the OSGeo AGM.

Thoughts?

Best,
AngelosĀ

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

This is a reminder to send us your interest in participating to the roadmap meeting.
I am going to start looking at potential budget sources.

Best,
Angelos

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 I would be interested in attending.

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 3, 2018, at 04:24, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> During the latest developers meeting on Gitter [1], we came up with the idea to arrange a developers meeting this summer in order to do a roadmap and start working on the next version of pycsw.
> The timing is perfect since:
> 1. OGC is starting work on CSW 4.0
> 2. GeoNode is doing a roadmap for version 3.x
> 3. WFS 3.0 and pygeoapi develoment are happening already, which might be very relevant with the new OGC specs.
>
> I volunteered to host this meeting in Athens, and I think the best time for this would be mid-July (9-11).
> I would like to know if others would be interested to attend such a meeting, so I can arrange the logistics and make a final decision.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>

> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Meetings-2018-04-23
>
> --