publishing layer from an ImageMosaic store fails with BandSelect error

publishing layer from an ImageMosaic store fails with BandSelect error

simone balbo-2
Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing this behavior in the following conditions:
  • GeoNode 2.6.3, installed with the apt package manager (GeoServer 2.9-SNAPSHOT)
  • an ImageMosaic store is created successfully with default parameters in GeoServer
  • the image mosaic is composed by 3-bands 8-bit images
  • when trying to publish the layer from this store (by clicking the "Publish" button from GeoServer) I get the error "BandSelect operation requires the band indices to have at least 1 array element" (complete error stack is attached)
The strange thing is that I can successfully publish the same mosaic layer with an earlier GeoServer version (2.8.2).
Am I missing something? Some library?
Does anybody have the same issue?

Cheers,

Simone

imagemosaic_layer_error.rtf (23K) Download Attachment

Re: publishing layer from an ImageMosaic store fails with BandSelect error

Paolo Pasquali-2
Hi all,

I have a GeoNode 2.6.3 installed on my Mac (so custom installation) with Oracle Java 1.8.0_121
I successfully created a mosaic with a small set of Tiff.

The problem occurs in GeoNode 2.6.3 apt packaged installed on Ubuntu 16 and Oracle Java 1.8.0_144
Using the same set of rasters the mosaic can't be published and I get:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The number of image bands (3) differs from the number of supplied 'SampleDimension' objects (0)

The first two rasters can be singly published but if I try to publish a mosaic made of these two rasters I get:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: BandSelect operation requires the band indices to have at least 1 array element.

Same error as Simone's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Paolo

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:42 PM, simone balbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I've found (probably) a workaround for the situation in subject.
Basically I switched back to a previous version of GeoTools for the ImageMosaic jar.
In particular I did:
  • download the "geotools-14.5-bin.zip" folder from the SourceForce site (https://sourceforge.net/projects/geotools/files/GeoTools%2014%20Releases/14.5/)
  • unzip the folder
  • locate the image mosaic jar file, which is: gt-imagemosaic-14.5.jar
  • substitute the current image mosaic jar file (...15-SNAPSHOT) in the GeoServer lib folder (/usr/share/geoserver/WEB-INF/lib) with the one at the previous point (basically by renaming them appropriately)
  • restart tomcat
With the described workaround I can successfully generate and browse an image mosaic layer.

Anyhow I'm aware that better solutions may be available. Is it better to upgrade the entire GeoServer application to 2.10.x? In such case is there a detailed documentation on how to do so step by step (e.g. on migrating the data directory and authentication)?

Cheers,

Simone