publishing grid shift files

Siki Zoltan
Dear List,

i'm new to this list. At the Budapest University (Hungary) we have created
two grid shift files for proj.4 for our local CRS (HD72/EOV EPGS:23700),
one for the horizontal coordinates (etrs2eov_notowgs.gsb) and one for the
elevations (geoid_eth2014.gtx).  We would like to publish them on the
proj.4 website, too. These grid shift files are available on our github
page:
https://github.com/OSGeoLabBp/eov2etrs

Is it possible? Can you help me?

Thanks,
Zoltan

Re: publishing grid shift files

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 12-08-15 09:06, Siki Zoltan wrote:
> i'm new to this list. At the Budapest University (Hungary) we have
> created two grid shift files for proj.4 for our local CRS (HD72/EOV
> EPGS:23700), one for the horizontal coordinates (etrs2eov_notowgs.gsb)
> and one for the elevations (geoid_eth2014.gtx).  We would like to
> publish them on the proj.4 website, too. These grid shift files are
> available on our github page:
> https://github.com/OSGeoLabBp/eov2etrs

It's great that it's published under the GPL-2+, most national grid
shift files limit modification like the EPSG dataset does.

I'd love for other national grids to follow your example.

> Is it possible? Can you help me?

I would start by linking to the Hungarian datum shift grid from the
PROJ.4 wiki where many of the other national grids are listed too:

https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/wiki

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

On 12-08-15 10:33, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> On 12-08-15 09:06, Siki Zoltan wrote:
>> i'm new to this list. At the Budapest University (Hungary) we have
>> created two grid shift files for proj.4 for our local CRS (HD72/EOV
>> EPGS:23700), one for the horizontal coordinates (etrs2eov_notowgs.gsb)
>> and one for the elevations (geoid_eth2014.gtx).  We would like to
>> publish them on the proj.4 website, too. These grid shift files are
>> available on our github page:
>> https://github.com/OSGeoLabBp/eov2etrs
>
> It's great that it's published under the GPL-2+, most national grid
> shift files limit modification like the EPSG dataset does.
>
> I'd love for other national grids to follow your example.
>
>> Is it possible? Can you help me?
>
> I would start by linking to the Hungarian datum shift grid from the
> PROJ.4 wiki where many of the other national grids are listed too:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/wiki

PS. Since the Hungarian grid is freely licensed, it may also be a good
idea to include it in the proj-datumgrids tarball. 1.6RC1 is out for
some time, maybe including the Hungarian grid is a good reason to
finalize the release.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Re: publishing grid shift files

Siki Zoltan
Dear Sebastian,

thanks for the tip, I've added the Hungarian grid to the github page.

Regards,
Zoltan

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> On 12-08-15 09:06, Siki Zoltan wrote:
>> i'm new to this list. At the Budapest University (Hungary) we have
>> created two grid shift files for proj.4 for our local CRS (HD72/EOV
>> EPGS:23700), one for the horizontal coordinates (etrs2eov_notowgs.gsb)
>> and one for the elevations (geoid_eth2014.gtx).  We would like to
>> publish them on the proj.4 website, too. These grid shift files are
>> available on our github page:
>> https://github.com/OSGeoLabBp/eov2etrs
>
> It's great that it's published under the GPL-2+, most national grid
> shift files limit modification like the EPSG dataset does.
>
> I'd love for other national grids to follow your example.
>
>> Is it possible? Can you help me?
>
> I would start by linking to the Hungarian datum shift grid from the
> PROJ.4 wiki where many of the other national grids are listed too:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/wiki
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas
>
> --
> GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
> Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Re: publishing grid shift files

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
Hi Zoltan,

On 08/12/2015 06:18 PM, Siki Zoltan wrote:
> thanks for the tip, I've added the Hungarian grid to the github page.

While discussing the licensing of the Dutch grid (which is non-free) I
noticed that the Hungarian grid is listed among the other non-free
grids, but contrary to lots of European correction grids which limit
modification of the correction values (like EPSG does), the Hungarian
grid is licensed under the GPL-2+ which is not a non-free license.

Can you move the license out of the non-free list in the PROJ.4
documentation?

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Re: publishing grid shift files

Siki Zoltan
Dear Bas,

Hungarian grid went accidentally to non-free grids.
I moved it to the free grids and created a pull request.

Thanks,
Zoltan