project files

Agustin Lobo-2
Having QGIS data and the qgs project file in an external disk
has the problem that the actual path for the disc can change.
Is there an elegant way of just modifying the root so that
you don't have to browse for each layer? I'm using the
inelegant way of editing the qgs file and replacing, i.e.,
"E:\" by "F:\"

Thanks

Agus
--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)

Re: project files

Jürgen E. Fischer
Hi Agus,

On Wed, 14. Jan 2009 at 13:07:22 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Having QGIS data and the qgs project file in an external disk
> has the problem that the actual path for the disc can change.
> Is there an elegant way of just modifying the root so that
> you don't have to browse for each layer? I'm using the
> inelegant way of editing the qgs file and replacing, i.e.,

No, there's currently no way to do that.  But there's an enhancement
request for such a feature: http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1211

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden