project board at grass-website repo

Veronica Andreo
Hi everyone,

This is a kind reminder to have a look at the nicely maintained project board in the grass-website repo on GitHub:

We have made a lot of progress so far, but we need support to address the remaining issues in the To-Do list and accomplish an initial release of the new and shiny website :)

Thanks much in advance!

Cheers,
Vero

Re: project board at grass-website repo

Luca Delucchi
On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 23:55, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hi Vero,

> This is a kind reminder to have a look at the nicely maintained project board in the grass-website repo on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/projects/1
>
> We have made a lot of progress so far, but we need support to address the remaining issues in the To-Do list and accomplish an initial release of the new and shiny website :)

do we need really all the todo for the first release?
I see some todo that could be removed
- #28
- #34
- #143
- #56

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: project board at grass-website repo

Moritz Lennert
On 20/05/20 06:33, Luca Delucchi wrote:

> On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 23:55, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>

> Hi Vero,
>
>> This is a kind reminder to have a look at the nicely maintained project board in the grass-website repo on GitHub:
>>
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/projects/1
>>
>> We have made a lot of progress so far, but we need support to address the remaining issues in the To-Do list and accomplish an initial release of the new and shiny website :)
>>

> do we need really all the todo for the first release?
> I see some todo that could be removed
> - #28
> - #34
> - #143
> - #56

I don't know if these todos should be removed, or whether we should
decide which ones are blockers for the website release.

As blockers, I currently see:

the debate about side panels (#79 and #120)

The rest seems to me to be nice to have, but not blockers.

And looking at the in progress ones, I don't really see any blocker. In
addition, many of them already have proposed solutions, it's just a
question of deciding...

Moritz

El mié., 20 may. 2020 a las 10:57, Moritz Lennert (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On 20/05/20 06:33, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 23:55, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>

> Hi Vero,
>
>> This is a kind reminder to have a look at the nicely maintained project board in the grass-website repo on GitHub:
>>
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/projects/1
>>
>> We have made a lot of progress so far, but we need support to address the remaining issues in the To-Do list and accomplish an initial release of the new and shiny website :)
>>

> do we need really all the todo for the first release?
> I see some todo that could be removed
> - #28
> - #34
> - #143
> - #56

I don't know if these todos should be removed, or whether we should
decide which ones are blockers for the website release.

I'm of the same opinion, do not remove, just label according to priorities

As blockers, I currently see:

the debate about side panels (#79 and #120)

Agreed, please go ahead and label them

The rest seems to me to be nice to have, but not blockers.

And looking at the in progress ones, I don't really see any blocker.

IMO, the current display of the gallery seems like a blocker... It is not optimal to have all pics displayed there by default, visitors have to scroll a lot. I'd like to avoid giving a bad first impression to website visitors

In addition, many of them already have proposed solutions, it's just a question of deciding...

Yes, let's please do that, I just started by merging Martin's PR since you voted there :) - thanks!

Vero