proj4 removed from deegree

Andreas Poth
Hi,

if you check out deegree 2 or download the nightly build tomorrow you
will recognize that proj4 has been removed from deegree and has been
substituted by some java code (package org.deegree.model.csct). This has
been done because:
a)  we think it is no so nice to depend on native libraries
b) it turned out that a several users has been confused configuring
proj4 support
c) especially running deegree on Windows OS proj4 JNI connection seems
not as stable as expected.

At the moment just ~350 CRS are supported but we will imporve this ASAP.

best regards

ANDREAS

--
Dr. Andreas Poth

l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19            53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 18496-0       fax ++49 +228 18496-29
http://www.lat-lon.de         http://www.deegree.org