problems with zoom / layers

Eduardo Zenaide
hi all,

there's a way to display results from various layers, for example, i have three layers (city, country, province). when i do the query - i'm mounting my interface under gmap with ms4w - it results only the last layer. i would like to display results from all layers.

other question: i have locked the screen on the map file as 760x500px. but, when i zoom in and use the query tool, the map extents to the original size. there's other place i should change the resolution?

thanks in advance :)

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: problems with zoom / layers

bpicinbono
hi there,
1 : check first that the layers you want queryable have a "template" line in
the mapfile. If not, they can't be queryable.
2 : might be. Make a quick string search with the original extent in all the
files and you'll see.
Regards
Blaise

Le jeudi 9 novembre 2006 20:54, Eduardo Zenaide a écrit :

> hi all,
>
> there's a way to display results from various layers, for example, i have
> three layers (city, country, province). when i do the query - i'm mounting
> my interface under gmap with ms4w - it results only the last layer. i would
> like to display results from all layers.
>
> other question: i have locked the screen on the map file as 760x500px. but,
> when i zoom in and use the query tool, the map extents to the original
> size. there's other place i should change the resolution?
>

> thanks in advance :)

Re: problems with zoom / layers

bpicinbono
Please Eduardo, post to the list so everybody can participate.
With gmap out of the box, you can do a mutliple query with the Rosa applet "i"
tool. Isn't it what you are looking for ?
Regards
Blaise

Le vendredi 10 novembre 2006 13:40, vous avez écrit :

> Blaise,
>
> about the layers, they all have a template line and work fine, but i want
> to know if i can see results from more than one layer at the same time.
>
> thanks
>
> 2006/11/10, Blaise <[hidden email]>:
> > hi there,
> > 1 : check first that the layers you want queryable have a "template" line
> > in
> > the mapfile. If not, they can't be queryable.
> > 2 : might be. Make a quick string search with the original extent in all
> > the
> > files and you'll see.
> > Regards
> > Blaise
> >
> > Le jeudi 9 novembre 2006 20:54, Eduardo Zenaide a écrit:
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > there's a way to display results from various layers, for example, i
> >
> > have
> >
> > > three layers (city, country, province). when i do the query - i'm
> >
> > mounting
> >
> > > my interface under gmap with ms4w - it results only the last layer. i
> >
> > would
> >
> > > like to display results from all layers.
> > >
> > > other question: i have locked the screen on the map file as 760x500px.
> >
> > but,
> >
> > > when i zoom in and use the query tool, the map extents to the original
> > > size. there's other place i should change the resolution?
> > >

> > > thanks in advance :)

Re: problems with zoom / layers

Eduardo Zenaide
sorry, gmail replied only to you, i didn't see it

what i want is to know if its possible to see, when i use the "i" tool over a layer, results from all visible layers.
example: two layers (city, country) visibles, i click over one location, let's say New York, it shows population from city layer AND name from country layer.

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: problems with zoom / layers

bpicinbono
Try switching MS_SINGLE to MS_MULTIPLE in the queryByPoint function around
line 510 in the gmap75.inc.php file. This should do the trick; check the doc
for more details :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/mapobj
Regards
Blaise

Le vendredi 10 novembre 2006 18:03, Eduardo Zenaide a écrit :

> sorry, gmail replied only to you, i didn't see it
>
> what i want is to know if its possible to see, when i use the "i" tool over
> a layer, results from all visible layers.
> example: two layers (city, country) visibles, i click over one location,
> let's say New York, it shows population from city layer AND name from
> country layer.
>
> thanks
>
> 2006/11/10, Blaise <[hidden email]>:
> > Please Eduardo, post to the list so everybody can participate.
> > With gmap out of the box, you can do a mutliple query with the Rosa
> > applet "i"
> > tool. Isn't it what you are looking for ?
> > Regards
> > Blaise
> >
> > Le vendredi 10 novembre 2006 13:40, vous avez écrit:
> > > Blaise,
> > >
> > > about the layers, they all have a template line and work fine, but i
> >
> > want
> >
> > > to know if i can see results from more than one layer at the same time.
> > >
> > > thanks

> > line

> > all

> > 760x500px.

> > original

Re: problems with zoom / layers

Eduardo Zenaide
thanks a lot, Blaise! :D

about my other question, i've changed in the map file the resolution, but when i zoom in and do some query the map extents. it not resize, but zoom out to its max. i've tried comment some functions to see if i can identify where it happens but not sucessfully.

any ideas?

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: problems with zoom / layers

bpicinbono
It seem's that the minx, miny, maxx, and maxy are not well passed to the
result page.
Can you chek for these variables and their value in the url of your query
result page with "wrong" full extent compared to their value before the query
or post it here ?
Blaise

Le vendredi 10 novembre 2006 19:26, Eduardo Zenaide a écrit :

> thanks a lot, Blaise! :D
>
> about my other question, i've changed in the map file the resolution, but
> when i zoom in and do some query the map extents. it not resize, but zoom
> out to its max. i've tried comment some functions to see if i can identify
> where it happens but not sucessfully.
>
> any ideas?
>
> 2006/11/10, Blaise <[hidden email]>:
> > Try switching MS_SINGLE to MS_MULTIPLE in the queryByPoint function
> > around line 510 in the gmap75.inc.php file. This should do the trick;
> > check the doc
> > for more details :
> >
> > http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/ma
> >pobj Regards
> > Blaise
> >
> > Le vendredi 10 novembre 2006 18:03, Eduardo Zenaide a écrit:
> > > sorry, gmail replied only to you, i didn't see it
> > >
> > > what i want is to know if its possible to see, when i use the "i" tool
> >
> > over
> >
> > > a layer, results from all visible layers.
> > > example: two layers (city, country) visibles, i click over one
> > > location, let's say New York, it shows population from city layer AND
> > > name from country layer.
> > >
> > > thanks

> > time.

> > "template"

> > in

> > example,

> > i'm

> > layer.

Re: problems with zoom / layers

Eduardo Zenaide
variables returned from url:

minx=-37.170347
miny=-9.818007
maxx=-36.313049
maxy=-9.175033
CMD=QUERY_POINT
INPUT_TYPE=auto_rect
INPUT_COORD=261%2C274%3B261%2C274

original in the map file:

-38.234122
-11.52665
-34.594394
-8.133178

it's like the query it's working fine, maybe it's some redraw after the query...
i'm searching here, anyway.

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: problems with zoom / layers

Eduardo Zenaide
i haven't found anything so far...
anybody else could help?

thanks!

--
Eduardo Zenaide

Eduardo Zenaide

Re: problems with zoom / layers

Eduardo Zenaide
ok, i've found that the zoom itself can be the problem.
when i use it, it returns the map extent from map file all the time. i think when i query, it return to previous map extent, wich is wrong! by the way, query tool returns the correct map extent:

map extent (map file): -38.234122 -11.52665 -34.594394 -8.133178

test 1.
    zoom:
    minx=-38.676573 / miny=-11.526650 / maxx=-34.151943 / maxy=-8.133178
    query:
    minx=-36.176120 / miny=- 9.562008 / maxx=-35.771284 / maxy=-9.258382

test 2.
    zoom:
    minx=-38.676573 / miny=-11.526650 / maxx=-34.151943 / maxy=-8.133178
    query:
    minx=-38.062374 / miny=-9.591776 / maxx=-37.760732 / maxy=-9.365544

test 3.
    zoom:
    minx=-38.676573 / miny=-11.526650 / maxx=-34.151943 / maxy=-8.133178
    query:
    minx=-35.312868 / miny=-8.988244 / maxx=-35.080683 / maxy=-8.814105

(ok, its not the exactly map extents, but the extent less 10% i think - gmap do this to avoid borders)

so, now, i only have to figure how to use map extent returned from query replacing the older - the wrong one returned from zoom.

any ideas?

thanks :)

--
Eduardo Zenaide