problems with none ascii characters and OGR 3.3.

problems with none ascii characters and OGR 3.3.

Birgir
Hi there,

Im having problems with none ascii characters and OGR 3.3.

It seems that only danish letters or non ascii characters are case sensitive. I have testet the following filters:

name Like 'B%'   - works
name Like 'b%'   - works
name Like 'Å%'   - works, because the text in the Mapinfo file starts with a capital Å.
name Like 'å%'   - Doesnt not return anything.

Ive solved this problem on Oracles feature source, because it allows me to use Upper(name) Like 'Å%'.

Can I use some sort of an Upper function with ORG? Or can I solve this problem in another way?

Regards,
Birgir

RE: problems with none ascii characters and OGR 3.3.

Traian Stanev

Hi,

The implementation of the OGR provider passes such filters down to the underlying OGR library, so there's no easy fix for this on the FDO side.
Would  combining both filters with OR work: name (LIKE 'X') OR (name LIKE 'Y')?

Traian