problems with SRU search

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario]
Hi: our GN 2.6 install is having problems realizing SRU based spatial
searches.  Example invocation:

Request:

http://foo/sru/portal.sru?operation=searchRetrieve&recordSchema=ISO19139
&version=1.1&startRecord=1&maximumRecords=10&query=geo.bounds+within+%22
-141+42+-52+84%22

Response:

<zs:searchRetrieveResponse>
 <zs:version>1.1</zs:version>
 <zs:numberOfRecords/>
 <zs:diagnostics>
  <diagnostic>
   <uri>info:srw/diagnostic/1/10</uri>
   <message>Query syntax error</message>
   <details>Unable to convert query to internal query
model:null</details>
  </diagnostic>
 </zs:diagnostics>
</zs:searchRetrieveResponse>

fwiw the equivalent spatial search using CSW GetRecords works as
expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

..Tom

Re: problems with SRU search

Jose Garcia
Hi Tom

I have debug the code and the org.z3950.zing.cql.CQLParser it's failing
with this:

org.z3950.zing.cql.CQLParseException: unknown first-class relation: within

that causes later in the code the error message you put in previous message:

I have tested in a 2.10 version, but probably is the same problem in 2.6.
Looks like within is not recognised, but unfortunately I have no clue about
this protocol. I hope the developers that worked in this can provide some
additional information.

Regards,
Jose GarcĂ­a

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi: our GN 2.6 install is having problems realizing SRU based spatial
> searches.  Example invocation:
>
> Request:
>
> http://foo/sru/portal.sru?operation=searchRetrieve&recordSchema=ISO19139
> &version=1.1&startRecord=1&maximumRecords=10&query=geo.bounds+within+%22
> -141+42+-52+84%22
>
> Response:
>
> <zs:searchRetrieveResponse>
>  <zs:version>1.1</zs:version>
>  <zs:numberOfRecords/>
>  <zs:diagnostics>
>   <diagnostic>
>    <uri>info:srw/diagnostic/1/10</uri>
>    <message>Query syntax error</message>
>    <details>Unable to convert query to internal query
> model:null</details>
>   </diagnostic>
>  </zs:diagnostics>
> </zs:searchRetrieveResponse>
>
> fwiw the equivalent spatial search using CSW GetRecords works as
> expected.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> ..Tom

*GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on
GeoServer and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net <http://geocat.net/> for
details. _________________________Jose GarcĂ­aGeoCat bvVeenderweg 136721 WD
BennekomThe Netherlandshttp://GeoCat.net <http://geocat.net/>*