problems MAC and ecw raster files

Azzurra Lentini-2
Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
the raster file with extension .ecw
What can I do? is it normal?
In my pc windows I can open without any problem.

Thank you Azzurra.

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

Antongeo76
Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
> Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
> the raster file with extension .ecw
> What can I do? is it normal?
> In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>
> Thank you Azzurra.

Hi Azzurra,
for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
to read ECW raster

Cheers

Antonio

-----
Antonio
Antonio

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

Mike Hyslop
Hi,

this process is outlined on the developer's web site: https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/

Look for the section titled "GDAL Plugins" and find the corresponding plugin for your version of GDAL.

Best,
Mike

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Antongeo76 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
> Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
> the raster file with extension .ecw
> What can I do? is it normal?
> In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>
> Thank you Azzurra.

Hi Azzurra,
for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
to read ECW raster

Cheers

Antonio

-----
Antonio

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

Azzurra Lentini-2
Hi Mike thank you for the explaination.
However I have tried from the website
https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/ to install
GDAL Complete: GDAL 2.4 and 2.3 but it is still not working!!
My qgis version is 2.18 and even if I did all GDAL COMPLETE
installation, qgis is still giving me this message (when I try to add
raster ecw:
data source not supported !!

Any other suggestion?

should I install other software in my computer?

Thank you, Azzurra

Mike Hyslop <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> this process is outlined on the developer's web site:
> https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
>
> Look for the section titled "GDAL Plugins" and find the corresponding
> plugin for your version of GDAL.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Antongeo76 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
>> > Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
>> > the raster file with extension .ecw
>> > What can I do? is it normal?
>> > In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>> >
>> > Thank you Azzurra.

>> Hi Azzurra,
>> for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
>> to read ECW raster
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Antonio
>>

>> -----
>> Antonio
>> --
>> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

Jesús Lopez
Make sure you've also installed also (Additional requirement: Hexagon/Intergraph’s ERDAS ECW/JPEG2000 SDK 5.4, see install instructions in plugin readme).

Cheers

El 1 abr 2019, a las 11:59, Azzurra Lentini <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi Mike thank you for the explaination.
However I have tried from the website
https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/ to install
GDAL Complete: GDAL 2.4 and 2.3 but it is still not working!!
My qgis version is 2.18 and even if I did all GDAL COMPLETE installation, qgis is still giving me this message (when I try to add raster ecw:
data source not supported !!

Any other suggestion?

should I install other software in my computer?

Thank you, Azzurra

Mike Hyslop <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

this process is outlined on the developer's web site:
https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/

Look for the section titled "GDAL Plugins" and find the corresponding
plugin for your version of GDAL.

Best,
Mike

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Antongeo76 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
> Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
> the raster file with extension .ecw
> What can I do? is it normal?
> In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>
> Thank you Azzurra.

Hi Azzurra,
for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
to read ECW raster

Cheers

Antonio

-----
Antonio

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

DelazJ
Hi Azzura,

It's not about GDAL itself but a plugin that is not embarked with GDAL and that you have to add: ECW plugin v2.4.0-1 (or the 2.3 version depending on your GDAL version). You should find it under the GDAL Plugins section at https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
And you need to install the Intergraph sdk version mentioned next to the download link.

Regards,
Harrissou

Le lun. 1 avr. 2019 à 11:59, Azzurra Lentini <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Mike thank you for the explaination.
However I have tried from the website
https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/ to install
GDAL Complete: GDAL 2.4 and 2.3 but it is still not working!!
My qgis version is 2.18 and even if I did all GDAL COMPLETE
installation, qgis is still giving me this message (when I try to add
raster ecw:
data source not supported !!

Any other suggestion?

should I install other software in my computer?

Thank you, Azzurra

Mike Hyslop <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> this process is outlined on the developer's web site:
> https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
>
> Look for the section titled "GDAL Plugins" and find the corresponding
> plugin for your version of GDAL.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Antongeo76 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
>> > Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
>> > the raster file with extension .ecw
>> > What can I do? is it normal?
>> > In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>> >
>> > Thank you Azzurra.

>> Hi Azzurra,
>> for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
>> to read ECW raster
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Antonio
>>

>> -----
>> Antonio
>> --
>> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

Saber Razmjooei
Alternatively, you can use this installer which has all the 3rd party GDAL plugins within the bundle:

Regards
Saber

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 12:27, DelazJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Azzura,

It's not about GDAL itself but a plugin that is not embarked with GDAL and that you have to add: ECW plugin v2.4.0-1 (or the 2.3 version depending on your GDAL version). You should find it under the GDAL Plugins section at https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
And you need to install the Intergraph sdk version mentioned next to the download link.

Regards,
Harrissou

Le lun. 1 avr. 2019 à 11:59, Azzurra Lentini <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Mike thank you for the explaination.
However I have tried from the website
https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/ to install
GDAL Complete: GDAL 2.4 and 2.3 but it is still not working!!
My qgis version is 2.18 and even if I did all GDAL COMPLETE
installation, qgis is still giving me this message (when I try to add
raster ecw:
data source not supported !!

Any other suggestion?

should I install other software in my computer?

Thank you, Azzurra

Mike Hyslop <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> this process is outlined on the developer's web site:
> https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
>
> Look for the section titled "GDAL Plugins" and find the corresponding
> plugin for your version of GDAL.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Antongeo76 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
>> > Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
>> > the raster file with extension .ecw
>> > What can I do? is it normal?
>> > In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>> >
>> > Thank you Azzurra.

>> Hi Azzurra,
>> for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
>> to read ECW raster
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Antonio
>>

>> -----
>> Antonio
>> --
>> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
+44 (0)7568 129733

Re: problems MAC and ecw raster files

William Kyngesburye
That may be an option for now, but there is an issue with that option that needs to be addressed - the ECW DSDK has a very restrictive license, especially with US export.  Any distribution of any part of the DSDK must be able to enforce a restricted distribution (ie download).  That's why I package the GDAL format as a plugin and require the end user to download the ECW DSDK themselves - I don't have the means or interest in enforcing export restrictions.

The same applies to the MrSID DSDK and GDAL format.

On Apr 2, 2019, at 4:49 AM, Saber Razmjooei <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alternatively, you can use this installer which has all the 3rd party GDAL plugins within the bundle:

Regards
Saber

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 12:27, DelazJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Azzura,

It's not about GDAL itself but a plugin that is not embarked with GDAL and that you have to add: ECW plugin v2.4.0-1 (or the 2.3 version depending on your GDAL version). You should find it under the GDAL Plugins section at https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
And you need to install the Intergraph sdk version mentioned next to the download link.

Regards,
Harrissou

Le lun. 1 avr. 2019 à 11:59, Azzurra Lentini <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Mike thank you for the explaination.
However I have tried from the website
https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/ to install
GDAL Complete: GDAL 2.4 and 2.3 but it is still not working!!
My qgis version is 2.18 and even if I did all GDAL COMPLETE
installation, qgis is still giving me this message (when I try to add
raster ecw:
data source not supported !!

Any other suggestion?

should I install other software in my computer?

Thank you, Azzurra

Mike Hyslop <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> this process is outlined on the developer's web site:
> https://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks/
>
> Look for the section titled "GDAL Plugins" and find the corresponding
> plugin for your version of GDAL.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:24 AM Antongeo76 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Azzurra Lentini-2 wrote
>> > Dear all in my Qgis 2.18 installed in my computer Mac I can not open
>> > the raster file with extension .ecw
>> > What can I do? is it normal?
>> > In my pc windows I can open without any problem.
>> >
>> > Thank you Azzurra.

>> Hi Azzurra,
>> for unix based sistems you need to local build ECW SDK to allow GDAL (QGIS)
>> to read ECW raster
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Antonio
>>

>> -----
>> Antonio
>> --
>> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
+44 (0)7568 129733

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect