problem in map server configuration

sahar AMM
hello everybody,

I'm using mapserver MS4W to build my web map application using ka-map,

and I follow the steps provided in ( Build AJAX-Based Web Maps Using ka-Map by Tyler Mitchell)

And after I made my map file I faced a problem in testing the map file which is:

C:\> shp2img -m global.map -o test.png
'shp2img' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I don't know what is the problem!!!!!!

please give me a solution and more clear steps to follow,

Regards,
SAHAR

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it now!

Re: problem in map server configuration

Tim Welch
Sahar,

I think that error is the windows shell telling you it can't find the
shp2img program in your current directory or in the search path of your
shell environment.  I don't remember offhand which directory shp2img is
in but it's wherever you installed the postgis extension I believe (or
ms4w did).  Try a file search.

Here's a link to info on environment variables and how to change your
path variable to include the directory that contains shp2img so you can
run it regardless of where you currently are in the filesystem.

http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm

Hope this helps - Tim