printing flyers for foss4g-eu and other events

printing flyers for foss4g-eu and other events

Veronica Andreo
Hello PSC,

Given that we have a very nice flyer created by Vincent and translated already to French, Italian and Spanish, I think it would be nice to have it printed so we can take to upcoming FOSS4Gs.

In the beginning, I thought only of printing 200 of them (130 en, 30 fr, 20 es, 20 it or other combination) to take to European foss4g in Paris (in a printing shop here in NL they charge 64 euros), but talking to Luca, he suggested to print some more in an online shop (http://pixartprinting.it, eg: 1000 en + 225 in other languages = 225 euros). In proportion, this latter option is much cheaper and then we would have flyers to take to different events.

What do you think?

best,
Vero

ps: translations in more languages would be welcome, as well... say, German, for example :P

Re: printing flyers for foss4g-eu and other events

Helena Mitasova-7
Given that there is a new rebranding effort going on for OSGeo which includes new logo but also new templates for flyers that can be used by projects, initiatives, etc. I suggest to print a limited number of the current flyers for now. I can find the links to the new layouts but those of us who have seen it like it and its all green so it should fit GRASS GIS well.  I assume that GRASS flyers should have osgeo logo on it and it would be good to use the new one.

The new branding will be launched at FOSS4G Boston so unless you need hundreds of flyers for events before that, 200 may be enough for now.

Helena

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802

Fwd: printing flyers for foss4g-eu and other events

Veronica Andreo
Hello all,

Thanks, Helena, for your answer. You are right!

So, for now, I'll print 150 flyers (IMHO, that would be enough) and once the new OSGeo rebranding is launched we'll come back to this topic. Vincent wrote to me and Helena off-list (I fwd it here with his authorization) saying that he'll try to update GRASS flyer to new specs once they are out.

Cheers,
Vero