print area rotation on map

Karsten-3-2
Hi All,

in an installation of Mapbender v. 3.0.8.1 I found that the demo maps have
the functionality to rotate the print area via a round handle (on the rpint
area lower left hand side corner) on the map. This is in addition to beeing
able to set the rotation in the print dialog via a etx box. I could not
determine any setting that makes this available, it seems to be there by
default.

Now in my installation on another server with v. 3.0.6.3 I can't get this
round handle (for rotating the print area on the map) to show up.
Is that functionality not available in version 3.0.6.3 or is there something
I overlooked and need to set to enable this ?

Thanks
Karsten Vennemann

Re: print area rotation on map

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Karsten,

the feature to rotate the box in the map is new and not available in
version 3.0.6.3.

You should update to 3.0.8.4. You will get more nice features in that
version.

Astrid

Am 2019-11-20 18:29, schrieb karsten:

> Hi All,
>
> in an installation of Mapbender v. 3.0.8.1 I found that the demo maps
> have
> the functionality to rotate the print area via a round handle (on the
> rpint
> area lower left hand side corner) on the map. This is in addition to
> beeing
> able to set the rotation in the print dialog via a etx box. I could not
> determine any setting that makes this available, it seems to be there
> by
> default.
>
> Now in my installation on another server with v. 3.0.6.3 I can't get
> this
> round handle (for rotating the print area on the map) to show up.
> Is that functionality not available in version 3.0.6.3 or is there
> something
> I overlooked and need to set to enable this ?
>
> Thanks
> Karsten Vennemann

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

***************************
Where2B Konferenz 2019
12. Dezember 2019 in Bonn
where2b-conference.com
***************************

   Astrid Emde
   WhereGroup GmbH
   Eifelstraße 7
   53119 Bonn
   Germany

   Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
   Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

   [hidden email]
   www.wheregroup.com

   Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Geschäftsführer:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 9885

Re: print area rotation on map

Karsten-3-2
Hi Astrid,

great to know , just found it in the release notes

Karsten

the feature to rotate the box in the map is new and not available in version
3.0.6.3.

You should update to 3.0.8.4. You will get more nice features in that
version.

Astrid

Am 2019-11-20 18:29, schrieb karsten:

> Hi All,
>
> in an installation of Mapbender v. 3.0.8.1 I found that the demo maps
> have the functionality to rotate the print area via a round handle (on
> the rpint area lower left hand side corner) on the map. This is in
> addition to beeing able to set the rotation in the print dialog via a
> etx box. I could not determine any setting that makes this available,
> it seems to be there by default.
>
> Now in my installation on another server with v. 3.0.6.3 I can't get
> this round handle (for rotating the print area on the map) to show up.
> Is that functionality not available in version 3.0.6.3 or is there
> something I overlooked and need to set to enable this ?
>
> Thanks
> Karsten Vennemann

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde