[postgis] polygon error message

Ross.Searle
Hi,

I'm trying to draw up a polygon layer in mapserver as a polyline type but
get the following error message.
msDrawShape(): General error message. Only polygon shapes can be drawn using
a polyline layer definition.
I have loaded an arcview shapefile (polygon theme) using the shp2pgsql
utility. The data is stored in the postgres table as MULTIPOLYGON. Am I
doing something wrong or is this a limitation of postgis
Regards
Ross

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.

Re: [postgis] polygon error message

David Blasby-3
[hidden email] wrote:
> I'm trying to draw up a polygon layer in mapserver as a polyline type but
> get the following error message.
> msDrawShape(): General error message. Only polygon shapes can be drawn using
> a polyline layer definition.
> I have loaded an arcview shapefile (polygon theme) using the shp2pgsql
> utility. The data is stored in the postgres table as MULTIPOLYGON. Am I
> doing something wrong or is this a limitation of postgis

I was unable to reproduce your error.  Could you pg_dump your table and
email/ftp it (or the shape file) to me?
Please also include your mapserver map file.

dave

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM