[postgis] label

gispmpf
Hello,

I have a table witch is declared as this:

 Create Table Roads(id int4,kind int4,roadname varchar(30), roads
geom);

and i m using mapserver to show it , something like:
LAYER
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  NAME ruas
  CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=cadastro"
  DATA "roads from roads"
  FILTER "id < 6"
  STATUS  ON
  TYPE LINE
  CLASS
  NAME "Roads"
  EXPRESSION ([kind]=2)
   COLOR 51 51 51
   SYMBOL 'line'
   SIZE 10
   MINSIZE 3
   MAXSIZE 15
   OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 0
   OVERLAYSYMBOL 0
   OVERLAYSIZE 3
   OVERLAYMINSIZE 1
   OVERLAYMAXSIZE 2
   SIZE 15
  END
END

and i want to show the name of the roads in the map. Should i add a
line with something like this:
LABELITEM "roadname"?

this is the correct way to do it?

Thanks
João

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3FDzZA/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

Re: [postgis] label

Paul Ramsey-2
Yes... check w/ the mapserver-users list for details on cartographic
things with your mapserver layers though...
P.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a table witch is declared as this:
>
>  Create Table Roads(id int4,kind int4,roadname varchar(30), roads
> geom);
>
> and i m using mapserver to show it , something like:
> LAYER
>   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>   NAME ruas
>   CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=cadastro"
>   DATA "roads from roads"
>   FILTER "id < 6"
>   STATUS  ON
>   TYPE LINE
>   CLASS
>   NAME "Roads"
>   EXPRESSION ([kind]=2)
>    COLOR 51 51 51
>    SYMBOL 'line'
>    SIZE 10
>    MINSIZE 3
>    MAXSIZE 15
>    OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 0
>    OVERLAYSYMBOL 0
>    OVERLAYSIZE 3
>    OVERLAYMINSIZE 1
>    OVERLAYMAXSIZE 2
>    SIZE 15
>   END
> END
>
> and i want to show the name of the roads in the map. Should i add a
> line with something like this:
> LABELITEM "roadname"?
>
> this is the correct way to do it?
>
> Thanks
> João

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4bQK.B/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

[postgis] OGC Meeting in Vancouver - PostGIS get-together (tuesday, dec 4)

David Blasby-3
I'll be at the OGC meeting in vancouver on December 4th and 5th.  I know
several postgis folks are planning on being there, so I thought I'd
planning a get-together for tuesday evening.

Bridges pub on Granville Island at 6:30.
Granville Island is just a little ways away from the conference centre,
and most locals recommend it as a 'place to visit'.

RRSP,

dave

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/gwUrIA/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

Re: [postgis] OGC Meeting in Vancouver - PostGIS get-together (tuesday, dec 4)

David Blasby-3
Dave Blasby wrote:
> RRSP,

Ooops, that should have been "RSVP" - my brain hurt trying to decode all
the acronyms in the OCG schedule.

dave

http://us.click.yahoo.com/iHh8lD/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM