[postgis] UNIT DD

shpr@libero.it
Hi,

I use PostGis+MapServer and I have a problem with DD (Decimal Degrees). If I
set UNITS with DD option the map doesn't appear entirely on the screen.
In other words I inserted the following instructions:

EXTENT 12.2 41.6 12.5 41.9
UNITS DD
SHAPEPATH "data"
ecc...

and I'd like that the MapServer show the map of "Rome", but the MapServer
does't show the entirely map (I see only a piece of the map, if I want to
see the rest of the map I have to move it with the PAN function.

Even if I increase the degrees range (for example EXTENT 11.2 41.6 12.5
42.9) the map is always shown in the same way.

I'm a new MapServer and PostGis user so, excuse me if this is a stupid
question.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano B.

Win a Capcom Console Game of Your Choice Or Even a Capcom Arcade System. Click Here to Enter.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tmpz8B/exbDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

Re: [postgis] UNIT DD

Paul Ramsey-2
Probably this is a mapserver question, you can confirm this by seeing if
the same thing happens with the same data in shape format.
With respect to your actual problem, the 'UNITS' parameter is pretty
useless. Does this thing work when you remove it?

Stefano Bonnin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use PostGis+MapServer and I have a problem with DD (Decimal Degrees). If I
> set UNITS with DD option the map doesn't appear entirely on the screen.
> In other words I inserted the following instructions:
>
> EXTENT 12.2 41.6 12.5 41.9
> UNITS DD
> SHAPEPATH "data"
> ecc...
>
> and I'd like that the MapServer show the map of "Rome", but the MapServer
> does't show the entirely map (I see only a piece of the map, if I want to
> see the rest of the map I have to move it with the PAN function.
>
> Even if I increase the degrees range (for example EXTENT 11.2 41.6 12.5
> 42.9) the map is always shown in the same way.
>
> I'm a new MapServer and PostGis user so, excuse me if this is a stupid
> question.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stefano B.

      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: [hidden email]
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM