[postgis] Re:PostGIS 0.6 Released(compiling error on Cygwin)

[postgis] Re:PostGIS 0.6 Released(compiling error on Cygwin)

Hisaji ONO-3
 Hi.

 I've got the following error in compiling  PostGIS 0.6.0 with
PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on Cygwin on Win NT 4.0 Server SP6a.

$ dllwrap -o postgis.dll --dllname postgis.dll --def postgis.def
postgis_debug.
o postgis_ops.o postgis_fn.o postgis_inout.o postgis_proj.o
../../src/utils/dll
init.o  -L/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend -lpostgres -lcygipc
-lcrypt -L/
usr/local/lib
postgis_debug.o: In function `gist_dumptree':
/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-0.6.0/postgis_debug.c:767:
undefined r
eference to `LocalBufferBlockPointers'
/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-0.6.0/postgis_debug.c:767:
undefined r
eference to `BufferBlockPointers'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1

 In "/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend", there's "libpostgres.a".

 I tried to remove "postgis_debug.c" in Makefile, and succeeded to
create postgis.dll. But "postgis.sql" defines some functions created by
"postgis_debug.c".

 Functions created by "postgis_debug.c" are necessary?

 Please tell me how to solve this problem.
 Thanks.

Re: [postgis] Re:PostGIS 0.6 Released(compiling error on Cygwin)

Paul Ramsey-2
Hiya,
In the short term, remove the debugging functions from postgis.sql and
continue on.
The debugging functions are not required for day-to-day use of postgis.
In the longer term we'll see if we can track down why debug is not
compiling...
Paul

> Hisaji ONO wrote:
>
>  Hi.
>
>  I've got the following error in compiling  PostGIS 0.6.0 with
> PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on Cygwin on Win NT 4.0 Server SP6a.
>
> $ dllwrap -o postgis.dll --dllname postgis.dll --def postgis.def
> postgis_debug.
> o postgis_ops.o postgis_fn.o postgis_inout.o postgis_proj.o
> ../../src/utils/dll
> init.o  -L/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend -lpostgres -lcygipc
> -lcrypt -L/
> usr/local/lib
> postgis_debug.o: In function `gist_dumptree':
> /usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-0.6.0/postgis_debug.c:767:
> undefined r
> eference to `LocalBufferBlockPointers'
> /usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/contrib/postgis-0.6.0/postgis_debug.c:767:
> undefined r
> eference to `BufferBlockPointers'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
>
>  In "/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend", there's "libpostgres.a".
>
>  I tried to remove "postgis_debug.c" in Makefile, and succeeded to
> create postgis.dll. But "postgis.sql" defines some functions created
> by
> "postgis_debug.c".
>
>  Functions created by "postgis_debug.c" are necessary?
>
>  Please tell me how to solve this problem.
>  Thanks.

      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: [hidden email]
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JNm9_D/33_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM

Re: [postgis] Re:PostGIS 0.6 Released(compiling error on Cygwin)

David Blasby-3
Paul Ramsey wrote:
> In the short term, remove the debugging functions from postgis.sql and
> continue on.
> The debugging functions are not required for day-to-day use of postgis.
> In the longer term we'll see if we can track down why debug is not
> compiling...

I was playing around with doing the extent() aggrigate by looking in the
index.  Its probably having trouble finding the GiST index support
functions/headers.

I've removed the functions from postgis_debug.c in the CVS version.

To patch it yourself, just delete the last two function ("index_thing"
and "gist_dumptree") and, just above that, the two #includes ('#include
"access/gist.h"' and '#include "access/genam.h"').

dave

Re: [postgis] Re:PostGIS 0.6 Released(compiling error on Cygwin)

JAIMINI CHATWANI
 --- Dave Blasby <[hidden email]> wrote: >
Paul Ramsey wrote:

> > In the short term, remove the debugging functions
> from postgis.sql and
> > continue on.
> > The debugging functions are not required for
> day-to-day use of postgis.
> > In the longer term we'll see if we can track down
> why debug is not
> > compiling...
>
> I was playing around with doing the extent()
> aggrigate by looking in the
> index.  Its probably having trouble finding the GiST
> index support
> functions/headers.
>
> I've removed the functions from postgis_debug.c in
> the CVS version.
>
> To patch it yourself, just delete the last two
> function ("index_thing"
> and "gist_dumptree") and, just above that, the two
> #includes ('#include
> "access/gist.h"' and '#include "access/genam.h"').
>
> dave

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [postgis] Re:PostGIS 0.6 Released(compiling error on Cygwin)

Hisaji ONO-3
Thank you very much, Paul & Dave.

 I could make and install PostGIS.dll.