[postgis] Problem with installation PostGis

[postgis] Problem with installation PostGis

silvio buffa
I have installeted before PostgreSQL 7.1.3 using the
RPM for Red Hat, after I try to installation of
Postgis, but following the instruction of installation
of chapter 2 of Postgis I have problem because the
procedure not work good, perhaps because in the
directory contrib using rpm of PostgreSQL not contains
the source code di PostGreSQL.
What do I do?

Nokia 5510 insolito ma geniale.
Vai a http://it.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/
scoprilo e vincilo. Il concorso termina il 16 dicembre 2001.

Stop Smoking Now
Nicotrol will help
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2vN8tD/_pSDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

Re: [postgis] Problem with installation PostGis

TONY J.Y.
Yes. it is. You should have the compiled source ready before you
want to install the postGIS.

Download the source of posgreSQL and make it first, then copy
postGIS to its contrib, make it. Then make install all.

> I have installeted before PostgreSQL 7.1.3 using the
> RPM for Red Hat, after I try to installation of
> Postgis, but following the instruction of installation
> of chapter 2 of Postgis I have problem because the
> procedure not work good, perhaps because in the
> directory contrib using rpm of PostgreSQL not contains
> the source code di PostGreSQL.
> What do I do?

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0vN8tD/9pSDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

[postgis] JTS(Java Topology Suite) will be available until the end of this year.

Hisaji ONO-3
Hello.

  JTS(Java Topology Suite), one of the greatest opensource GIS project, is
still not available. This project's team will finish by the end of this
year? And JTS is based on Java2, can it to ported to JDK 1.1.x ?  JTS seemed
to use graphics, so converting to JDK 1.1.x will be easy.