[postgis] PostGIS RPM

Paul Ramsey-2
Rod,
What I did for the last release was create an SRPM based on Lamar's spec
file, but including PostGIS as an extra RPM module. I will be doing that
in the next couple days and will announce it to the PostGIS list at that
time. If you want to start off right away, there is a set of ix86 RPMS
and an SRPM in http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms built for version 0.5
TTYL,
Paul

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: [hidden email]
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your Web
site for Business" and learn all about serious security. Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r0k.gC/oT7CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM

[postgis] Re: PostGIS RPM

Roderick A. Anderson-3
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Rod,
> What I did for the last release was create an SRPM based on Lamar's spec
> file, but including PostGIS as an extra RPM module. I will be doing that
> in the next couple days and will announce it to the PostGIS list at that
> time. If you want to start off right away, there is a set of ix86 RPMS
> and an SRPM in http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms built for version 0.5
> TTYL,

Seems my search wasn't as complete as I'd thought.  Thanks.  I'll look
at it myself because I need to know how.

To expand on my original message PostGIS looks to be a solution for a
problem(?) I've seen for years.  I'm not a real GIS'r more a hobby that
leans towards creating maps.  All my experience with the US Forest
Service was locked into USGS Quads.  I've always wanted to see a
(mostly) seamless mapping/GIS database.  PostgreSQL and PostGIS can do
it.

Again thanks for the information and a Great package.

Rod
--
                      Let Accuracy Triumph Over Victory

                                                      Zetetic Institute