[postgis] Importing ESRI-shapefiles, objectid 23?

[postgis] Importing ESRI-shapefiles, objectid 23?

stahlhut
Hi there!

First I would like to say thank you to all developers of thie
wonderful PostgreSQL-extension! I hope it's a nice replacement for the
ArcSDE we could never afford to buy :)

I tried to import an ArcInfo shapefile with the little loader program
and unfortunately got the message that objectid 23 isn't supported by
the loader - peeking into the sources I found out that id 23 relates
to SHPT_ARCM which isn't handled by the loader yet. Is there any
chance to get full compatability for the loading process - or is there
any documentation on this missing type which could help me extending
the loader ? - at the moment only very few types seem to be supported

Regards

Oliver

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
/*      Shape types (nSHPType)                                          */
/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
#define SHPT_NULL       0
#define SHPT_POINT      1
#define SHPT_ARC        3
#define SHPT_POLYGON    5
#define SHPT_MULTIPOINT 8
#define SHPT_POINTZ     11
#define SHPT_ARCZ       13
#define SHPT_POLYGONZ   15
#define SHPT_MULTIPOINTZ 18
#define SHPT_POINTM     21
#define SHPT_ARCM       23
#define SHPT_POLYGONM   25
#define SHPT_MULTIPOINTM 28
#define SHPT_MULTIPATCH 31

(grep for SHPType)

        if( obj->nSHPType == 5 ){
        }else if( obj->nSHPType == 1){
        }else if( obj->nSHPType == 3){
        }else if( obj->nSHPType == 13){
        }else if( obj->nSHPType == 11){
                printf ("\n\n**** Type is NOT SUPPORTED, type id = %d
****\n\n",obj->nSHPType);

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/zoU8wD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM

Re: [postgis] Importing ESRI-shapefiles, objectid 23?

David Blasby-3
> I tried to import an ArcInfo shapefile with the little loader program
> and unfortunately got the message that objectid 23 isn't supported by
> the loader - peeking into the sources I found out that id 23 relates
> to SHPT_ARCM which isn't handled by the loader yet. Is there any
> chance to get full compatability for the loading process - or is there
> any documentation on this missing type which could help me extending
> the loader ? - at the moment only very few types seem to be supported

Hi,
        PostGIS supports 2d and 3d points - it does not support 4d (x,y,z, and
'm').  What are you using the 'm' value to mean?  Could you use it as an
attribute (ie. in the dbf file) instead?

dave