[postgis] Freshmeat

Frank Warmerdam
Guys,

I think it would be a good idea to list PostGIS on Freshmeat.  It's fairly
easy to administer. If you don't want to, I can do it.

Later,

Re: [postgis] Freshmeat

Paul Ramsey-2
Part of our "staged release" plan :) is to start small and work our way
up. We'll be doing the freshmeat thing with the next release. And if
anyone has suggestions on other GIS-oriented forums we should post to,
that would be good.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: [hidden email]
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

RE: [postgis] Freshmeat

Norman Vine
Paul Ramsey

>Part of our "staged release" plan :) is to start small and work our way
>up. We'll be doing the freshmeat thing with the next release. And if
>anyone has suggestions on other GIS-oriented forums we should post to,
>that would be good.
>
>Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> I think it would be a good idea to list PostGIS on
>Freshmeat.  It's fairly
>> easy to administer. If you don't want to, I can do it.

IMHO  getting PostGIS included in the Postgres Distribution
as part of the 'contrib' directory would give excellent exposure
plus help ensure compatability as Postgress evolves.

i.e.  The GIST interface has changed for the better in the recent
Postgres CVS files.

Cheers

Norman Vine