¿poll for a cosmetic change?

Francisco Puga
Hi,

Take a look at this issue [1]. Is only a cosmetic change but Antonio
Falciano is suggesting make a poll to before taking a resolution. I
think that is a good idea, because this will open new ways of
collaboration for the community. If the users feel that they can
participate in the decisions of the project the will be more open to
collaborate.

¿What do you think?

I prefer not do the poll to the 1.12 release to "put it in the street"
asap, but we can launch it.

[1] https://devel.gvsig.org/redmine/issues/916

--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493

Re: ¿poll for a cosmetic change?

Manuel Madrid-3
Hi,

El 26/07/12 21:42, Francisco Puga escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Take a look at this issue [1]. Is only a cosmetic change but Antonio
> Falciano is suggesting make a poll to before taking a resolution. I
> think that is a good idea, because this will open new ways of
> collaboration for the community. If the users feel that they can
> participate in the decisions of the project the will be more open to
> collaborate.
>
> ¿What do you think?

To use polls in order to involve the community is a recurrent idea that
we never put into practice. This is probably a good matter to start with.

> I prefer not do the poll to the 1.12 release to "put it in the street"
> asap, but we can launch it.

It is probably a little bit hurried but not impossible.

Manuel.

> [1] https://devel.gvsig.org/redmine/issues/916

--
Manuel Madrid.
Product and testing manager.
gvSIG project (http://www.gvsig.org).

Re: ¿poll for a cosmetic change?

nachouve
+1
I totally agree with make the pull.

2012/7/26 Manuel Madrid <[hidden email]>
[...]

Juan Ignacio Varela García

Re: ¿poll for a cosmetic change?

Francisco José Peñarrubia
Hi.

For me, this is a mistake.

Making the poll will take time, and will delay the 1.12. Also, there is something that may induce errors.
Suppose you make a poll for a harder problem (this one is very easy), and there is interest. Will you find or pay a developer to do it?.
In 1.12, errors are corrected by developers in free time, or by developers payd by other institutions.
You may get a polled error with all people +1, but without a developer with free time.

Also, this bug (feature request indeed) can be fixed in 5 minutes. We have spend more time reading and writing about it that we would have spent on it.

So, in mi opinion -1 to the poll.

Cheers.

Fran.

El 27/07/2012 8:54, Nacho Uve escribió:
[...]

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab
www.scolab.es

Asociación gvSIG
www.gvsig.com

Re: ¿poll for a cosmetic change?

Francisco Puga
Hi,

+ I agree with fran in not launch the poll now. It's an idea to use
after the release of gvSIG 1.12

+ I will launch polls for "cosmetic opinions", where is the developer
itself who is asking what to do, and the effort of the choices is
similar.