plugins.qgis.org

Matthias Kuhn 🌍
Hello again,

just realized that plugins.qgis.org also has some interesting aspects

 - it's also used to host planet.qgis.org (which would be perfectly
   suited for an own subdomain, which does not redirect).

 - the landing page talks mostly about a web app (saying it's new, not
   sure for how long already ;) )

   Would be nice to either just have a couple of words about plugins or
   just offer the search bar on the first page, rather than talking
   about infrastructure and bugs. I think this information should be
   moved to a different page within this site.

Thanks a lot
Matthias

Re: plugins.qgis.org

Alessandro Pasotti-2
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Matthias Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again,

just realized that plugins.qgis.org also has some interesting aspects

 - it's also used to host planet.qgis.org (which would be perfectly
   suited for an own subdomain, which does not redirect).

 - the landing page talks mostly about a web app (saying it's new, not
   sure for how long already ;) )

Since about  2012  :)

That's actually very easy to edit for anyone with control panel access (ask me or Richard if you don't have it):  http://plugins.qgis.org/admin/flatpages/flatpage/1/

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it

Re: plugins.qgis.org

Matthias Kuhn 🌍

Hi

On 06/22/2018 11:59 AM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Matthias Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello again,

just realized that plugins.qgis.org also has some interesting aspects

 - it's also used to host planet.qgis.org (which would be perfectly
   suited for an own subdomain, which does not redirect).

 - the landing page talks mostly about a web app (saying it's new, not
   sure for how long already ;) )

Since about  2012  :)

   Would be nice to either just have a couple of words about plugins or
   just offer the search bar on the first page, rather than talking
   about infrastructure and bugs. I think this information should be
   moved to a different page within this site.

That's actually very easy to edit for anyone with control panel access (ask me or Richard if you don't have it):  http://plugins.qgis.org/admin/flatpages/flatpage/1/

I don't, I'd be happy to get it and will try to come up with something but days are busy right now.

Cheers
Matthias

--
Alessandro Pasotti