plugins installer

pcav
Hi all.
Testing the (very nice) python plugin installer (fresh qgis from svn), I
get an error:
Failed to unzip file to /home/paolo/.qgis//python/plugins ... check
permissions
Is this just a double slash problem? Any solution to this at the horizon?
also, it would be good to use the same installer plugin to install also
plugins from filesystem: is it feasible to add this feature?
BTW: http://spatialserver.net:3001/ mention a bug (#781) which has been
closed: better update the info?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Re: plugins installer

pcav
Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Hi all.
> Testing the (very nice) python plugin installer (fresh qgis from svn), I
> get an error:
> Failed to unzip file to /home/paolo/.qgis//python/plugins ... check
> permissions

I was wrong: the problem was the missing /python/plugins dir. Mkdir
solved the error.
After that I got:

Couldn't load plugin "geocode"
ImportError: No module named geocode

easy to solve (http://exogen.case.edu/projects/geopy/), with:

easy_install geopy
python
>>> from geopy import geocoders

Perhaps this could be shown as a hint for first-time users?
All the best.
pc

Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> from geopy import geocoders
>
> Perhaps this could be shown as a hint for first-time users?

Wouldn't it be good to add the
http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/copyright_plugin.tar.gz mentioned in
http://blog.qgis.org/?q=node/59
to the list of installable plugins http://spatialserver.net:3001/ ?
This would help newbies learning how to write plugins.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Re: plugins installer

John C. Tull

On Dec 28, 2007, at 7:46 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Despite Paolo's followup comment about mkdir, and the fact that I
> did the same a few weeks ago and installed the ImageMap plugin at
> that time, I cannot install the BetterTable plugin (only one I
> tried) now using most recent svn. I get the same permissions error
> noted below. The double-slash should have no effect on this to my
> knowledge. Any other ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> John
>
> On Dec 16, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> Testing the (very nice) python plugin installer (fresh qgis from
>> svn), I
>> get an error:
>> Failed to unzip file to /home/paolo/.qgis//python/plugins ... check
>> permissions
>> Is this just a double slash problem? Any solution to this at the
>> horizon?
>> also, it would be good to use the same installer plugin to install
>> also
>> plugins from filesystem: is it feasible to add this feature?
>> BTW: http://spatialserver.net:3001/ mention a bug (#781) which has
>> been
>> closed: better update the info?
>> All the best.
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Re: plugins installer

John C. Tull
Well, I just installed the geocoder plugin, so I am guessing that the
permission error is in the zip file for the BetterTabel plugin, but
this is only a guess.

John

> On Dec 28, 2007, at 7:46 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
>
>> Despite Paolo's followup comment about mkdir, and the fact that I
>> did the same a few weeks ago and installed the ImageMap plugin at
>> that time, I cannot install the BetterTable plugin (only one I
>> tried) now using most recent svn. I get the same permissions error
>> noted below. The double-slash should have no effect on this to my
>> knowledge. Any other ideas?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> John
>>
>> On Dec 16, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>> Testing the (very nice) python plugin installer (fresh qgis from
>>> svn), I
>>> get an error:
>>> Failed to unzip file to /home/paolo/.qgis//python/plugins ... check
>>> permissions
>>> Is this just a double slash problem? Any solution to this at the
>>> horizon?
>>> also, it would be good to use the same installer plugin to install
>>> also
>>> plugins from filesystem: is it feasible to add this feature?
>>> BTW: http://spatialserver.net:3001/ mention a bug (#781) which has
>>> been
>>> closed: better update the info?
>>> All the best.
>>> --
>>> Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Re: plugins installer

Martin Dobias
On Dec 29, 2007 4:50 AM, John C. Tull <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, I just installed the geocoder plugin, so I am guessing that the
> permission error is in the zip file for the BetterTabel plugin, but
> this is only a guess.

Do you still have problem to install BetterTable plugin?
I can install it from the plugin repository without problems...

Martin

Re: plugins installer

Barry Rowlingson
Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 4:50 AM, John C. Tull <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well, I just installed the geocoder plugin, so I am guessing that the
>> permission error is in the zip file for the BetterTabel plugin, but
>> this is only a guess.
>
> Do you still have problem to install BetterTable plugin?
> I can install it from the plugin repository without problems...

Martin et al

  I submitted a trac bug report for what is probably the same issue.

  When the python code tries to unzip the files from the zip, it fails
if the top-level folder isn't an item in the zip. At least on Windows
anyway.

  See the trac bug for details. The fix is to check the paths for '/'
and create directories that way. Not yet implemented...

Barry

Re: plugins installer

Leonardo Lami

>   I submitted a trac bug report for what is probably the same issue.
>
>   When the python code tries to unzip the files from the zip, it fails
> if the top-level folder isn't an item in the zip. At least on Windows
> anyway.
>
>   See the trac bug for details. The fix is to check the paths for '/'
> and create directories that way. Not yet implemented...
>
> Barry

I have the same problem in Windows also for Copyrigth plugin.

But I see an other problem about Python plugins in Windows.

If I load a plugin (for example "ghydraulic") from "Python plugin
manager", the plugin directory is saved in C:\Documents and
Settings\leo\.qgis\python\plugins.
If then I open th Plugin Manager, QGIS say:
Couldn't load plugin "ghydraulic"

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "", line 3, in
ImportError: No module named ghydraulic

and yhe plugin is not present in the plugin manager list.

If I copy or shift the ghydraulic plugin directory from C:\Documents and
Settings\leo\.qgis\python\plugins to
C:\Programmi\Quantum_GIS\python\plugins
all work rigth.

PS: Martin, this also for ARPAT plugin!

Regards
Leonardo

Re: plugins installer

Martin Dobias
On Jan 8, 2008 11:56 AM, Barry Rowlingson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   I submitted a trac bug report for what is probably the same issue.
>
>   When the python code tries to unzip the files from the zip, it fails
> if the top-level folder isn't an item in the zip. At least on Windows
> anyway.
>
>   See the trac bug for details. The fix is to check the paths for '/'
> and create directories that way. Not yet implemented...

Barry,

I guess you mean this ticket:
https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/890

I've tested Gary's recent fix for that and with it installs plugins correctly.

Bye
Martin

Re: plugins installer

Martin Dobias
On Jan 8, 2008 12:06 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But I see an other problem about Python plugins in Windows.
>
> If I load a plugin (for example "ghydraulic") from "Python plugin
> manager", the plugin directory is saved in C:\Documents and
> Settings\leo\.qgis\python\plugins.
> If then I open th Plugin Manager, QGIS say:
> Couldn't load plugin "ghydraulic"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "", line 3, in
> ImportError: No module named ghydraulic

I've come across this problem now too. There's a small bug which is
causing this, I've fixed it now (r7867) so it will be fixed in 0.9.2.
But for 0.9.1 the only workaround is to copy the plugins to the
python/plugins directory inside QGIS.

Martin

Re: plugins installer

JulienR

Martin Dobias-2 wrote
On Jan 8, 2008 12:06 PM,  <lami@faunalia.it> wrote:

> But I see an other problem about Python plugins in Windows.
>
> If I load a plugin (for example "ghydraulic") from "Python plugin
> manager", the plugin directory is saved in C:\Documents and
> Settings\leo\.qgis\python\plugins.
> If then I open th Plugin Manager, QGIS say:
> Couldn't load plugin "ghydraulic"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "", line 3, in
> ImportError: No module named ghydraulic

I've come across this problem now too. There's a small bug which is
causing this, I've fixed it now (r7867) so it will be fixed in 0.9.2.
But for 0.9.1 the only workaround is to copy the plugins to the
python/plugins directory inside QGIS.

Martin
I tried your fix, the plugin seems to work but qgis crash when I try to add new layers.
I can't see all my directories and I can't see any files.
have you got a solution ?

Julien