plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

alobo
Hi!

After uninstalling the preview and installing 1.0
I cant find "Fetch python plugins" under Plugins
and Plugin installer is not listed by Manage Plugins.

Also, /usr/share/qgis/doc/index.html points to
/usr/share/qgis/doc/userguide.pdf, while the pdf file is actually under
/usr/share/doc/qgis

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410
Fax. 34 934110012
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster


_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Otto Dassau
Hi,

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:01:18 +0100
Agustin Lobo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After uninstalling the preview and installing 1.0
> I cant find "Fetch python plugins" under Plugins
> and Plugin installer is not listed by Manage Plugins.
>
> Also, /usr/share/qgis/doc/index.html points to
> /usr/share/qgis/doc/userguide.pdf, while the pdf file is actually under
> /usr/share/doc/qgis

Upps - I missed that and saw that the current pdf in the QGIS 1.0.0 sources at
./doc/userguide.pdf is an old version 0.9.1 manual. I suggest that we make some
general changes to:

a) Help -> Help Contents (...qgis/doc/index.html)

Here we have links to the 0.9.1 Installation and User Guide coming with the
source code. These links should be removed, because it the documentation team
will never be able to have the manual updates done, when QGIS is branched or
tagged for a new release.

Instead I would prefer to link to the web site with the note:

"A current version of the QGIS manual and translations are provided at
http://qgis.osgeo.org/documentation/manuals.html. Older versions are available
at http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/doc/manual/."

b) We should remove the ./doc/userguide.pdf from the sources. As described
above, that manual will never be up-to-date and therefore doesn't make sense.
 
regards,
 Otto

> Agus
>
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Agustin Lobo-2
In reply to this post by alobo
True, I was missing a click on the python-qgis package in Synaptic.
Anyway, the problem I have now after installing python-qgis 1.0.0.~hardy
is that
the plugin manager states that "Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2)
[incompatible]"
and cannot select it. (Note that I selected "complete removal" of the
preview
packages in Synaptic before the new install). I see that the
*.pyc files in /usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/plugin_installer
have date as of 2009-01-04
but the *.py files are dated 2008-12-23

Agus

Borys Jurgiel wrote:

> Sunday 04 January 2009 15:01:18 Agustin Lobo napisał(a):
>> Hi!
>>
>> After uninstalling the preview and installing 1.0
>> I cant find "Fetch python plugins" under Plugins
>> and Plugin installer is not listed by Manage Plugins.
>>
>> Also, /usr/share/qgis/doc/index.html points to
>> /usr/share/qgis/doc/userguide.pdf, while the pdf file is actually under
>> /usr/share/doc/qgis
>>
>> Agus
>
> Probably the Python support is missing (I assume other Python plugins are also
> missing). Have you the 'python-qgis' or similar package installed? Maybe the
> old one is still present?
>

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410
Fax. 34 934110012
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Borys Jurgiel
On niedziela 04 styczeń 2009 18:34:54 Agustin Lobo wrote:

> True, I was missing a click on the python-qgis package in Synaptic.
> Anyway, the problem I have now after installing python-qgis 1.0.0.~hardy
> is that
> the plugin manager states that "Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2)
> [incompatible]"
> and cannot select it. (Note that I selected "complete removal" of the
> preview
> packages in Synaptic before the new install). I see that the
> *.pyc files in /usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/plugin_installer
> have date as of 2009-01-04
> but the *.py files are dated 2008-12-23

The plugin installer in /usr/share/qgis is 0.9.8, but is masked by an old and
incompatible version (0.06.2) placed in ~/.qgis/python/plugins/ - just remove
the plugin_installer directory from there.

Unfortunately a plugin in your home directory always masks its instance placed
in the /usr location regardless of the versions. I'll think how to improve
this behaviour.

Regards,
B
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Agustin Lobo-2
True again, thanks. I should have remembered this as I had the same problem
in previous upgrades!
Perhaps the download page should include a notice telling users
to remove or rename their ~/.qgis/python/plugins directory.
Also, while the masking behaviour is probably appropriate, including
a message in the Plugin manager reminding the user that the masking is
actually taking place would be very useful. I.e., replacing
"Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2) [incompatible]"
by
"Plugin Installer Masked by Version 0.06.2 [incompatible] in your
~/.qgis/python/plugins directory"
or something like that,

Agus


Borys Jurgiel wrote:

> On niedziela 04 styczeń 2009 18:34:54 Agustin Lobo wrote:
>> True, I was missing a click on the python-qgis package in Synaptic.
>> Anyway, the problem I have now after installing python-qgis 1.0.0.~hardy
>> is that
>> the plugin manager states that "Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2)
>> [incompatible]"
>> and cannot select it. (Note that I selected "complete removal" of the
>> preview
>> packages in Synaptic before the new install). I see that the
>> *.pyc files in /usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/plugin_installer
>> have date as of 2009-01-04
>> but the *.py files are dated 2008-12-23
>
> The plugin installer in /usr/share/qgis is 0.9.8, but is masked by an old and
> incompatible version (0.06.2) placed in ~/.qgis/python/plugins/ - just remove
> the plugin_installer directory from there.
>
> Unfortunately a plugin in your home directory always masks its instance placed
> in the /usr location regardless of the versions. I'll think how to improve
> this behaviour.
>
> Regards,
> B
>

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410
Fax. 34 934110012
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Borys Jurgiel
Sunday 04 January 2009 23:54:05 Agustin Lobo napisał(a):

> True again, thanks. I should have remembered this as I had the same problem
> in previous upgrades!
> Perhaps the download page should include a notice telling users
> to remove or rename their ~/.qgis/python/plugins directory.
> Also, while the masking behaviour is probably appropriate, including
> a message in the Plugin manager reminding the user that the masking is
> actually taking place would be very useful. I.e., replacing
> "Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2) [incompatible]"
> by
> "Plugin Installer Masked by Version 0.06.2 [incompatible] in your
> ~/.qgis/python/plugins directory"
> or something like that,
>
> Agus

Thanks for this ideas! I think I'll implement it even simpler: the Installer
will keep an eye on such cases and will propose to fix them.

Your problem was specific because you were using quite old installer, which
was affected too. All versions since November 13 are compatible so I hope most
users have updated / will update it before upgrading QGIS. In future such
changes in the 1.0 qgis line won't occur anymore.

Regards,
B.
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user