php-mapscript installation in Linux

e.arapostathis

Hello,

 I am running Apache2 server along with MapServer in an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
However, while I am trying to load an application I am receiving an error message which according to the log file is the following:

"PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so' - /usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared"

As I understand my application requires the php-mapscript package to be installed, right?

Could anyone help on how could I install that package and make it "recognizable" in Apache2 and MapServer?

PS: I had found a package in prior and installed it with the sudo gdebi command (as it was a single .deb file and not in a repository) but it seems that something is missing regarding the proper installation.

Thank you in advance

Stathis

Re: php-mapscript installation in Linux

Lester Caine
On 27/09/17 16:51, Stathis Arapostathis wrote:

>  I am running Apache2 server along with MapServer in an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
> However, while I am trying to load an application I am receiving an
> error message which according to the log file is the following:
>
> /"PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so' -
> /usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared"/
>
> As I understand my application requires the php-mapscript package to be
> installed, right?
>
> Could anyone help on how could I install that package and make it
> "recognizable" in Apache2 and MapServer?
>
> PS: I had found a package in prior and installed it with the sudo gdebi
> command (as it was a single .deb file and not in a repository) but it
> seems that something is missing regarding the proper installation.

Starting point is to ensure that the php_mapscript.so was complied for
the same version of PHP you are running. With the php extensions, the
static components need to match. 20131226 suggests quite an old php build!

My next step would be to check php can actually see the .so file, but
properly compiled extensions should already be in the right place.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re: php-mapscript installation in Linux

e.arapostathis
Yes it's the 5.6 version of PhP since my app is not compatible with the latest version.

>My next step would be to check php can >actually see the .so file, but
>properly compiled extensions should >already be in the right place.

Any idea on how this could be done?

Thank you
Stathis

Στάλθηκε από το smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

Ημερομηνία: 27/9/17 7:03 μ.μ. (GMT+02:00)
Προς: [hidden email]
Θέμα: Re: [mapserver-users] php-mapscript installation in Linux

On 27/09/17 22:59, e.arapostathis wrote:
> Yes it's the 5.6 version of PhP since my app is not compatible with the
> latest version.

Minor number is important here ... both install and php_mapscript.so
need to be the same minor version.

>>My next step would be to check php can >actually see the .so file, but
>>properly compiled extensions should >already be in the right place.
>
> Any idea on how this could be done?

Can you actually see /usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so at that
location? the 2013 date is still confusing since PHP5.6 did not come out
until August 2014. That date is around time 5.5.20 was released ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re: php-mapscript installation in Linux

e.arapostathis
Well, actually, I cannot see it :) There is no php_mapscript.so file inside that directory

On 28/09/17 18:46, Stathis G. Arapostathis wrote:
> Well, actually, I cannot see it :) There is no php_mapscript.so file
> inside that directory
That is what I actually suspected. So either you need to find where
php_mapscript.so HAS been installed, if you think it has, and correct
the php.ini file to access it in the right place.

I'm on suse and have a repo which provides all the mapping stuff I use
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/217947/how-compile-install-php-mapscript-on-ubuntu-16-04
turned up on a quick scan for ubuntu ... but there may be a better
alternative if there is a ubuntu user here?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Σχετ: php-mapscript installation in Linux

Stefanos Anastasiou
Hi Stathis,

    I have the same php version as you (5.6.31) along with php 7 but I've switched to 5.6 for mapserver reasons.   If you can't see php_mapscript.so in there, my guess is that you haven't compiled php mapscript at all. If you downloaded mapserver and other mapscript versions from the repositories, be aware that php mapscript is only available through compilation with CMake.  After you've done it you need to open you php.ini file and add the extension as: extension = "php_mapscript.so".  Make sure that when you compile from source, php 7 is removed from your system or you'll get a lot of errors....at least I did and could't fix them, even by adding various patches I found on the internet, until I removed version 7 prior to compilation.

Hope it helps

-Stefano

Στις 10:46 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017, ο/η Lester Caine <[hidden email]> έγραψε: