[pgrouting-users] withPoints functions

Jakob Miksch
Dear List,

I am exploring the "withPoints" functions [1].
Two questions regarding them:

Are they considered as stable, are they already in use somewhere?

Why is only "pgr_withPointsDD"[2] listed in the table of contents [3]?
(and not the other four existing "withPoints" functions?)

Thanks and best regards,
Jakob

[1] http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/withPoints-family.html
[2]
http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/pgr_withPointsDD.html#pgr-withpointsdd
[3] http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/index.html

Re: [pgrouting-users] withPoints functions

Vicky Vergara-2
Hello

As a policy, while rewriting the internal code, nothing new is considered as "part of the release".
So, all functions that have "proposed" were not on the 2.0 release.
(actually, pgr_trsp is more unstable than with_points but it was on the 2.0 release)

withPoints family still has some issues:
But its quite usable.

if it shows on the main index its because we are starting to organize the documentation by family and category
So, pgr_withPointsDD is on the withPoints family, but belongs to the driving distance category

You can see that in the dijkstra family also some "proposed" functions show.

Regards
Vicky

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Jakob Miksch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear List,

I am exploring the "withPoints" functions [1].
Two questions regarding them:

Are they considered as stable, are they already in use somewhere?

Why is only "pgr_withPointsDD"[2] listed in the table of contents [3]? (and not the other four existing "withPoints" functions?)

Thanks and best regards,
Jakob

[1] http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/withPoints-family.html
[2] http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/pgr_withPointsDD.html#pgr-withpointsdd