[pgrouting-users] pointsOfInterest table

[pgrouting-users] pointsOfInterest table

davep
Can anybody confirm that the  in the table are as follows
CREATE TABLE pointsOfInterest( pid BIGSERIAL,
 x FLOAT,
y FLOAT,
 edge_id BIGINT,
side CHAR,
fraction FLOAT,
 the_geom geometry,
 newPoint geometry );
pid primary key the table
x/y   coordinates of teh point of interest
edge_id   the nearest edge id to this point of interest
has a value of l r b  ?
fraction ?
the_geom the geometry of the point
newPoint  the nearest point on the edge that is closest to this point

Any suggestions welcome

Dave.

Re: [pgrouting-users] pointsOfInterest table

Vicky Vergara-2
Hi Dave

Sorry I didnt make documentation about the new table,
I am on a trip, so for the moment I can tell you based on this code

There is no X / Y columns
fraction is the fraction of the edge
because 0 and 1 are whole numbers vertex_id would be the corresponding vertex of the point of interest
there is a column new_geom which would have the new geometry if a point was found in the topology (aka was not too far)

When I have time I will try to elaborate the documentation of this table,

Vicky

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Dave Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can anybody confirm that the  in the table are as follows
CREATE TABLE pointsOfInterest( pid BIGSERIAL,
 x FLOAT,
y FLOAT,
 edge_id BIGINT,
side CHAR,
fraction FLOAT,
 the_geom geometry,
 newPoint geometry );
pid primary key the table
x/y   coordinates of teh point of interest
edge_id   the nearest edge id to this point of interest
has a value of l r b  ?
fraction ?
the_geom the geometry of the point
newPoint  the nearest point on the edge that is closest to this point

Any suggestions welcome

Dave.

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: [pgrouting-users] pointsOfInterest table

davep
Thanks I will try and figure it out tomorrow.
an
I am currently having fun with the flow stuff

I think one of the issues is that this methods can generate a result, but you need to know what the result means!

Dave.