[pgrouting-users] pgr_analyzegraph indcates I have some Potential gaps found near dead ends, how do I find them

[pgrouting-users] pgr_analyzegraph indcates I have some Potential gaps found near dead ends, how do I find them

davep
Hi List

I am playing around with pgr_analyzegraph, its told me I have

Dead ends: 7
Potential gaps found near dead ends: 3

In a network of 7000 vertexs finding Potential gaps in a map that I did not generate is going to be hard, is there anyway of get pgroute to actually tell me were these problems are?

Re: [pgrouting-users] pgr_analyzegraph indcates I have some Potential gaps found near dead ends, how do I find them

Vicky Vergara-2
Those are geometry gaps, so maybe you can ask on postGIS

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 12:16 PM, Dave Potts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi List

I am playing around with pgr_analyzegraph, its told me I have

Dead ends: 7
Potential gaps found near dead ends: 3

In a network of 7000 vertexs finding Potential gaps in a map that I did not generate is going to be hard, is there anyway of get pgroute to actually tell me were these problems are?

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: [pgrouting-users] pgr_analyzegraph indcates I have some Potential gaps found near dead ends, how do I find them

Vicky Vergara-2
What I mean is that maybe you have like the example on the docuemntation
1, 2,    1,  1, 130, 100,   0.5, 3.5,  1.999999999999,3.5),
the
1.999999999999
is almost 2, but its not a 2, so if another segment start on (2, 3.5) then
1) unless if you don't use a tolerance to assign source and target values both vertices will have a different id
2) if you assign a tolerance then both vertices will have the same id, but note that for one id there would be two different values on the geometry, if you also want to "fix" the geometry then that is done with PostGIS