[pgrouting-users] driving directions/descriptions

[pgrouting-users] driving directions/descriptions

Robert k

Hello everybody,

I wanted to ask if there is a possibility in pgRouting to generate routing descriptions?

I found these links:
- https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/20117/does-pgrouting-support-turn-by-turn-routing
There are many dead links in the article.
- https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2011-January/000537.html

Also, I only found this article on the wiki page of PgRouting. The entry is from 2014.

- https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Driving-Direction-Instructions

Is there a feature in PgRouting that generates Driving Direction Instructions?

Can you help there?

Many Thanks
Robert

Re: [pgrouting-users] driving directions/descriptions

Stephen Woodbridge-4
Hi Robert,

The wiki page link represents the current state of driving directions in
pgRouting. As I mentioned the process is straight forward, but the
details are very dependent on a users specific data. I implemented it a
long time ago for a client's specific data schema, OSM and Google only
have to deal with they one data schema, pgRouting allow every user to
have different data schema so it is not likely a "generic" solution will
be easy to find.

So that leaves you with with a couple of options:
1. building a solution specific to your data schema along the lines outlines
2. having someone else build it for you
3. using and existing solution like OSM and loading your data into that
4. not having a solution

Contact me off list if you want to consider some contract help. If you
want to do it yourself, I'm happy to help if you get stuck but read
through wiki link again because that is the model you need to follow.

Best regards,
   -Stephen Woodbridge

On 2/12/2019 4:37 AM, Robert k wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I wanted to ask if there is a possibility in pgRouting to generate
> routing descriptions?
>
> I found these links:
> -
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/20117/does-pgrouting-support-turn-by-turn-routing
> There are many dead links in the article.
> -
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2011-January/000537.html
>
> Also, I only found this article on the wiki page of PgRouting. The
> entry is from 2014.
>
> -
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Driving-Direction-Instructions
>
> Is there a feature in PgRouting that generates Driving Direction
> Instructions?
>
> Can you help there?
>
> Many Thanks
> Robert

---

Re: [pgrouting-users] driving directions/descriptions

Stephen Woodbridge-4
Robert,

No there is no driving directions built in pgrouting. The wiki page is the best description on how to build one.

-Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2019, at 4:37 AM, Robert k <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everybody,

I wanted to ask if there is a possibility in pgRouting to generate routing descriptions?

I found these links:
- https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/20117/does-pgrouting-support-turn-by-turn-routing
There are many dead links in the article.
- https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2011-January/000537.html

Also, I only found this article on the wiki page of PgRouting. The entry is from 2014.

- https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Driving-Direction-Instructions

Is there a feature in PgRouting that generates Driving Direction Instructions?

Can you help there?

Many Thanks
Robert

Re: [pgrouting-users] driving directions/descriptions

Robert k
Hi Steve,

Yes thanks for the tip. I was well informed.

In addition, I have looked at the angle calculation of GraphHopper or OSRM and now have a routing description that meets my requirement.

Too bad the PG routing does not give default routing instructions, similar to OSRM or GraphHopper.

Maybe there will be such considerations in the near future ;)

Best regards Robert