[pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

[pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

Chintan Pathak-2
I am trying to use the Postgres 12 for my GIS workflow. I have been able to install PostGIS 3.0 beta with details below:

    POSTGIS="3.0.0beta1 r17835" [EXTENSION] PGSQL="120" GEOS="3.8.0-CAPI-1.12.0 " SFCGAL="1.3.2" PROJ="Rel. 5.2.0, September 15th, 2018" LIBXML="2.9.9" LIBJSON="0.12" LIBPROTOBUF="1.2.1" WAGYU="0.4.3 (Internal)" TOPOLOGY

I found this from the experimental builds for PostGIS, which usually contains the pgRouting binary, but not for PG12. Has anyone successfully installed pgRouting with PG12? Any suggestions to build on Windows? I tried the official instructions for building on Windows in pgRouting docs, though I am getting stuck on the configuration.

Thanks,

Chintan Pathak
Ph.D. Student,
Sustainable Transporation Lab, University of Washington

Re: [pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

Regina Obe

Chintan,

I should have the pgRouting binaries for pg12 available sometime this week and will definitely be available with the PostGIS 3.0 release. I was hoping to have pgRouting 3.0 in there as well.

I’ll add to the repo in a bit so you will at least have the binaries.

Thanks,

Regina

Re: [pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

Regina Obe

Have pgrouting 3.0.0-alpha and dev packaged for PostgreSQL 12.  Can you give those a try.

https://winnie.postgis.net/download/windows/pg12/buildbot/

Thanks,

Regina

Re: [pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

chintan pathak
Dear Regina,

Thanks a lot for adding the alpha and dev binaries. I copied the files from extension and lib folders into the relevant folder in my Postgres 12 installation and was able to create the pgrouting extension. I checked the version of the installed extension using `select pgr_version()` and it showed 3.0.0 alpha and dev respectively. Let me know if I should run any other specific checks to ensure proper installation. Otherwise, I will continue using this and let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 3:36 PM Regina Obe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have pgrouting 3.0.0-alpha and dev packaged for PostgreSQL 12.  Can you give those a try.

https://winnie.postgis.net/download/windows/pg12/buildbot/

Thanks,

Regina

Re: [pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

dkastl
Thanks a lot, Regina!
Without you nobody could respond to Windows questions ;-)

And thanks for you offer to test, Chintan!
That's very much appreciated. If you find some issues, feel free to create a ticket on Github.

Best regards,
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 8:26 AM chintan pathak <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: [hidden email]
Web: https://georepublic.info

Re: [pgrouting-users] How to install pgRouting for Postgres 12 on Windows?

Regina Obe

Chintan,

Yes that would be great if you could test.  I do have to fix some issues on the regress mostly path issues, so the regress wasn’t able to run thru the checks.  I plan to fix that next.

Also just released PostGIS 3.0.0rc1 and will be building that shortly.  Most of the fixes were upgrade issue related coming from older versions of PostGIS.

Daniel happy to help J

[...]

about.me/chintanpathak